Thread: change mp4 conversion quality? how?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question change mp4 conversion quality? how?

hi, i want to add a little more quality to the mp4 file vshare create, in the 3.1 version.

how i can tune up the mp4 conversion quality?

anyone? :D

can be good also set up some option bout quality seething for the mp4 conversion in vshare admin panel...

You need to edit file include/settings/video_conversion.php

The command used is

Code:
    $cmd_mp4 = "$config[ffmpeg] -i '$video_src' -crf 22.0 -c:v libx264 -c:a libfaac -ar 48000 -b:a 160k -coder 1 -threads 0 $video_flv";

This may need slight changes depending on how ffmpeg compiled and installed.

-crf 22.0
    Is what you need to change. You need to experiment with it and see what works good for you. Best thing you can do is install ffmpeg on your local computer, there is even windows version available for download and try different settings and see which one is good for you. Better quality video take more disk space.

You can read more about crf at

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.264#crf

very interesting, thank you.

will be nice to have this value configurable from admin control panel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cmedia View Post
    will be nice to have this value configurable from admin control panel!!!
    ffmpeg is still under development, so the command changes with version. Not all servers able to run same command. Also codec installed on servers very slightly. One option is to allow users edit the command in admin area.

Having this, anyone gain access to vshare admin will be able to run any command on your server, that is not secure.

Since this command is not modified everyday, i think it is better we have it in a file instead of in admin area. If you need to modify easily, open file in Cpanel File Manager, that will allow you easy edit with out FTP.