Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upload from folder option still bringing a blank screen

Default Upload from folder option still bringing a blank screen

Hello

Ok, now the import file and cronjob work a charm, problem is when I click on upload from a folder, the admin work screen goes blank and I only have menu panel on left.

Since this is the part I need the MOST, please kindly rectify this

regards

Create a folder import inside templates_c folder.

You need to chmod 777 videos uploded to this folder to get the import folder feature to work.

Default fine

Ok

I didnt read this anywhere, it shows now.....ok I have files in there now. So how do I just make them all import at once and edit later, at the moment its like they each have an import button, so I have to press and import each one one by one?

Just asking :wink:

Now, it can only import one by one as videos need title description etc... before it can go live.

Just upload videos, then take your time in entering details one by one. Import video is processed when cron job runs. So it will get processed one by one and appear on the site.

Default hmmm

Ok,

Fair enough, since I have thousands of files so I will have all the time in the world.....

:oops:

Like the script though, nice work :D

If you don't have time and want to import all the files, your site will be junk.

What title you need us to give to the videos ?

Test Video ?

It is possible, but it will create a site with lot of junk looking videos. You need to spend some time in writing title and description if you need to build a good site.

If you have some good idea or suggestion for bulk import, let us know, we will try to have that added.

Even if you import all in one click, you need to edit the video title etc..., or all videos look like same. Also videos will take time to convert to FLV, it is a CPU intensive and time consuming task.

Default well

At the moment all i really want to do is get them all on first, then spend a day just doing the descriptions and cleaning it up, while watching to assess properly. I just did a 100 import using the mysql route, putting in the wmv directly into the video folder and then uploading pre-converted flvs and it works, cleaning it up now, but in principal it worked.....

Infact I can even fill in the description field when I import as I did above (smacks forehead) so it can all be done in one session really. If you could produce a cleaner version of this it would be great (as for as the database goes)

I only want to do it this way for the volume of videos, after that, the one by one is fine as I wont need to upload so many at a time again.

:wink:

BTW - you said it is possible, how would you do it? Please tell :D

We will see if this can be done and let you know in few days.

Default hello

Thanx a million

:D

Default anything

Dear Admin,

A few days have passed, any news on the bulk upload? :D

I guess not :cry:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast