Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade vShare v2.4 to vShare 2.5

Default Re: Upgrade vShare v2.4 to vShare 2.5

And what the heck happened to all the alignments in my right.tpl file? All my headers have shifted from being left aligned to right aligned, except for one, which is centered for some reason. All the user names in the recent users list have gone from left aligned to centered. It looks unorganized this way, and what's worse, when I try to change it I am unsuccessful.

I have to concur with the other guy - when you start changing up the teplates, you should also include a guide that tells us what was changed and why.

How about publishing a version downgrade that will put us back to 2.4? lol
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Now when I logged out of my user account (not admin), I get this error:

ERROR: Unable to execute query

SELECT * FROM poll_question WHERE start_date<='2007-10-12' AND end_date>='2007-10-12' ORDER BY rand() limit 1
    Got error 28 from storage engine
    Refreshing did nothing - still got it. Closed the window and went back to the site from scratch - still got it. No idea what's up with this but I see no reason for it.

I tried to log in to admin control panel to delete the poll to see if that corrected the problem. This is the first time I tried to log in since the upgrade. I could not. Three times I entered my user name and password (no chance of mistyping). All three times I just got a message saying "You are not loged in." What kind of nonsense is that?

Seriously, if anyone out there is thinking about upgrading, I would reconsider. I personally wish I had stayed with version 2.4. I had already edited most of the bugs anyway, and at least that version worked right. This version is totally screwed, and it seems as though admin just abandoned this topic after sticking us with this stuff.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Got error 28 from storage engine
    http://www.google.co.in/search?q=Got+er ... S:official

This is a MySQL server realated error, check if your mysql server is working properly.

I had several problems.

The script did not upgrade. I had to do it by hand. The database does not like you!

While you have added the horrible WYSIWUG - HOW TO DISABLE IT????

You have cut off putting forms in the help or contact/info pages! In fact you have made it impossible to put anything but stupid simple HTML in the pages so that interstitials cannot be part of the site anymore. WHY????

You made all the about, privacy, advertise, etc go away in this process and there is no warning. HOW DO I PUT A FORM IN THOSE PAGES?????
    Find the best video sites at OnlineTV Video Guide. Register your Vshare there today!

I have never had 2.4 because of my recent puchase, but I have complained of this problem since getting my v2.5 going.
    viewtopic.php?f=3&p=8695

The only way I have found to get around the filespace issue is to install the Progress Bar code. The space issue is a bug that I think exists in 2.5.

The other major issue that I had and now I think you all are finding is that 2.5 does not import files correctly from other sites or from its own upload directory.

Lastly, I have never seen batch processing work but that would require more cron investigation on my server. At least Realtime processing is working.

-server is Dreamhost!?...
    CasselmanCanada.com (free access)

Hello guys,
    I have upgraded my version 2.4 to 2.5 and i can upload any more vidoes. When i click on the submit button, i have a blank page.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

I dont think this is necessary with most files. But when you start changing template files and style sheets, it would only be a basic courtesy to let people know what the changes were, since these are the files that most people would have changed when moving away from the look of the "out of the box" template. If you had some kind of basic documentation, this upgrade would take an hour. Without it, it will take me over a week to (unnecessarily) remodify all my template files, and I suspect it would be all for nothing since I've already fixed most of the errors you had in those files.
    To everyone who is voicing the same complaint...... Simple solution: accept the program as it is, or just don't do the upgrade.

OR do what I am doing, and don't make extreme mods until the features are fleshed out.

I'm surprised how demanding people get on a $10 program. You should go buy one of the $250 scripts out there and work with that. This way, you never have to worry about new features being added, and instead of getting radically upgraded versions for free, you can just take the annual $100 upgrades.

I keep buying more copies of this script, because I can see that the programmer has vision, and listens to people. I know I'd never be able to moderate this board without ONCE in awhile bitch-smacking someone. I notice Admin never loses his cool.

Much much more than $10 would ever buy from me.... just my 2-cents.

I'm surprised how demanding people get on a $10 program
    If you pay, you have rights to demand a good service, thus it has cost 10 dollars

[quoteth "dcaceres"]If you pay, you have rights to demand a good service, thus it has cost 10 dollars[/quote]

If you pay $10 for ANYTHING, you have gotten the "service" within the product.

You tell me where else you can pay $10 for something that DOES WHAT IT SAYS, and then go somewhere and bitch to the creator about what it DOESN'T do.

In my opinion, for a software script this evolved to only cost $10 is a great deal with no support whatsoever after the download link.

You'll notice that most people are polite enough to recognize this, and when they have a bug report or feature request, they are neither demanding nor complaining about it... they are trying to be helpful to the production team.

Then there's the few complaining and making demands, who probably still have their mothers doing their laundry and fixing their lunches, because they sound clueless about business in the real world.

Can any one help me?

After upgrading my featured videos on frontpage are gone and only 2 videos can be played. In admins page this code is inside "approve videos"

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "admin/video_approve.tpl" in /home/wherscom/public_html/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1095.

Best regards Keizer

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast