Thread: Plesk upgrade nightmare

Default Plesk upgrade nightmare

Last night I upgraded my Plesk control panel from 8.1 to 8.2 and now it seems to have affected my site. My site has been down for two days saying my zend optimizer is not installed. I tried reinstalling it but it doesn't help. Can anyone help me? I wrote to hostonnet to see if I could hire them but haven't heard back yet.
    http://bigbutts.tv/phpinfo.php

Default Re: Plesk upgrade nightmare

Supposedly there is a problem with Plesk 8.2 and zend optimizer. So everyone beware of upgrading your Plesk control panel to 8.2!!! Look at this thread: http://forum.swsoft.com/pda/index.php/t-48361.html

I am sent a PM to admin and also emailed hostonnet so hopefully someone can help me fix my site!

Everyone be very careful when upgrading your plesk control panel. I had all kinds of problems. Luckily I got my zend working again. Now I just need to figure out how to upgrade php5 for vshare 2.6! Might still hire it done once hostonnet returns on Monday.

Thanks for the heads up. Upgrading plesk alone can be a task in itself. I've noticed at other companies PHP4 is required for Zend to work properly.

Just out of curiosity are you wanting to use PHP5 for 2.6 because it's better or needed... or just a preference?

Yeah I am reluctant to upgrade my plesk again but heard that plesk 8.2.1 has issues when you upgrade to php5....it messes up your horde webmail. The reason I want php 5 is because I read you need 5 in order for all of the features to work on vshare 2.6.....so I guess I need it. I'm not sure which features need php5 but I'd like to get all the new features working.