Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Point System

Default Point System

Is there anyway you can add a point system to the Youtube Clone script? So, lets say the user that uploaded the video would get 10 points if 100 people viewed the video. Then they could cash the points in for real money... OR have a similar method to what I've just described.

Default Re: Point System

All a person has to do is sit at their computer and mash the F5 key a billion times to increase the view number. You sure you want to pay people? Let me know the link. I can spend all day mashing F5 keys... ;) But for just uploading...sure I can see that, not a bad incentive to get people to upload...like 1 point per upload or something and all you have to do is look at their stats to see how many videos they have in their profile.

Then you'll have to keep track of whatever payout you make or whatever, not sure how that would work, but for views...you probably don't want to do that.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Maybe not for views, but for quality uploads, I could see how this could be useful. Points could be used to pay for memberships, to get branded merchandise, participate in auctions, etc. There are a lot of great possibilities with a loyalty program.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Oh good point (no pun intended) about the quality uploads...'cos I could upload a very small video, the same one over and over...

Quote Originally Posted by grynmoors
    Oh good point (no pun intended) about the quality uploads...'cos I could upload a very small video, the same one over and over...
    Yeah, you would surely have some people who would upload a lot of garbage just for the sake of trying to game the system. It opens you up for a lot of issues with trouble makers and you would need to have some method of enforcing the rules, but I think it is a good idea in general. There are a lot of good possibilities with it. It also opens up a lot of value added sponsorship opportunities, such as buy something from our sponsor and get 2000 bonus points (or whatever).
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Hmmm, now that's a thought....supporting the sponsors. But how do you know who buys what from where?

any news on this can someone please make it im really interested in this. Thanks

can anyone make an addon for the points system simular to what megavideo.com has? i am willing to pay for a mod

I went to take a look at megavide.com and clicked the "10 reasons to use megavideo instead of youtube" and got CONNECTION PROBLEM.

Hmmm.

lol well its there point system i like, people who uploaded the video get 1 point per view per ip a day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast