Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Point System

Quote Originally Posted by SportsGamingTV.com View Post
    Maybe not for views, but for quality uploads, I could see how this could be useful. Points could be used to pay for memberships, to get branded merchandise, participate in auctions, etc. There are a lot of great possibilities with a loyalty program.
    Good idea - I like the points system. This could be useful, similar to a reputation system, wherein they gain a set number of points based on their uploads length/channel, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by grynmoors View Post
    I went to take a look at megavide.com and clicked the "10 reasons to use megavideo instead of youtube" and got CONNECTION PROBLEM.

Hmmm.
    lol well its there point system i like, people who uploaded the video get 1 point per view per ip a day

Quote Originally Posted by assault14 View Post
    any news on this can someone please make it im really interested in this. Thanks
    can anyone make an addon for the points system simular to what megavideo.com has? i am willing to pay for a mod

Sorry been away for a while and seems to be some interest in this.

I can give this a go but i am not perfect with php but i do know how to secure the system so users can not cheat.

Features i will attempt...

When user views a clip the uploader will receive 1 point. this will be easy to change also the output can be changed from the admin panel (ie change 1 points to x also name from point to cash money or whatever)

Users will be limited to what ever is set via admin panel.
    Either x views per ip/day
    or 1 per clip per day
    or 1 per day in total to be counted

Points page.
    I will do my best to make a backend so you can have what ever premium content you wish but to open new category ie HD or high quality videos you will have to work on that yourself.
    But i will try to make a store type so you can add branded items or cash payouts. Please note that paypal will defiantly be added for cash payouts but i may add more if everything goes well

Anti cheat features:
    Proxy blocking > Remote hosted proxy blocked list. you will also have the ability to block ip's you think are cheating.

Log's > Keep track of views with ip's I will add a on/off feature for this so you can test your settings and remove the feature if you find it slows things down (would normally only effect very large sites or crap servers)

Ip limit > Limit ip's to x amount per day/week/month (Stops refreshing to cheat)

Pricing?
    Depends on the finishing product if it ends up being basic without some of the features listed expect free or as low as $5
    If i manage to add everything listed and make it look good with 0 bug i will probably charge $25 i will not be listing for silly prices over this.

Beta testers will be called upon when i feel the script is complete but may have bugs beta testers will get a free copy in return for there testing and a review.

After sales support.
    I am willing to give support for as long as i can if at any point i decide i can no longer support this i will give every user 3 months notice by email as i do with everything i release for cash but i will release the script as open source.

Please note that i do not guarentee i will be able to complete the addon but i will give it a dam good go.

If anyone has anything that would be helpful pm me and you will get credited with a free copy but only if your contribution is used or found helpful

Also any ideas on what else you would like to see is welcome

Lets bring vshare back to life!!

Default Hear, hear!

I'm all for giving vshare some new life!!!

Interested in the mod/add-on and would like to contribute code and test. How's it coming along so far? Even before I saw this thread I toyed with this concept of adding a points-based reward system, but when I first saw this thread I quickly realized the gaming issue and how many people would try to trick the system.

Furthermore, its hard to create an algorithm that fairly distributes points across different domains (i.e. adult site owners may wish to reward alot differently than funny video or niche video sites)é

The closest I could come to a default point allocation scheme was as follows:
    BCmoney_Actions | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I've been giving it lots of thought though so would be happy to discuss further, please PM me or respond here on how we might work together on it.

Cheers
    Behavior, Content, Money - 3 Things you should NEVER give away for free! http://bcmoney.tv

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123