Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone recommend a good host(s) for vshare script

Default Can anyone recommend a good host(s) for vshare script

Can anyone recommend a good host(s) for vshare script .....please advise ....thanks

Default Re: Can anyone recommend a good host(s) for vshare script

HOSTONNET.com

How are you guys using these host plans? With video sites, it seems like space is such an important thing. I have 1 terabyte of space now and am afraid I am going to run out within the next 6 months. These hosting options just don't seem adequate for any serious video sites.

They dont' have dedicated servers that will "foot the bill" for you?

There is the option, with vShare of having videos on more than one server, I believe. You could spread the vids around.

You might want to try and find out who google and youtube use if you are or plan on being as big as them then, I guess. I would think a dedicated server at any of these hosts would be plenty.

My sites aren't very big and unless I hit on some kind of fantastic idea that knocks people's socks off (which several people using vShare sites have been able to accomplish) these hosts are adequate for me and most users.

Or you could just start running your own bank of servers if you're THAT big. A terabyte is HUGE. What kind of site you have???
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by grynmoors
    They dont' have dedicated servers that will "foot the bill" for you?

There is the option, with vShare of having videos on more than one server, I believe. You could spread the vids around.

You might want to try and find out who google and youtube use if you are or plan on being as big as them then, I guess. I would think a dedicated server at any of these hosts would be plenty.

My sites aren't very big and unless I hit on some kind of fantastic idea that knocks people's socks off (which several people using vShare sites have been able to accomplish) these hosts are adequate for me and most users.

Or you could just start running your own bank of servers if you're THAT big. A terabyte is HUGE. What kind of site you have???
    My site is sports video but with videos being as large as 25-50 mb, it seems as the space is getting used up fast. I am pondering buying a small office space and just sticking a bonded t1 in that sucker and throwing a small rack in it. Gotta figure out the cost of course, but these other options just don't seem possible to grow beyond a certain point. BTW, my site is in no way lighting up the world or anything but I am getting some steady traffic and new signups everyday and I just want to be prepared. Thanks for you input.

My site is sports video but with videos being as large as 25-50 mb, it seems as the space is getting used up fast. I am pondering buying a small office space and just sticking a bonded t1 in that sucker and throwing a small rack in it.
    Yep, your own bank of servers. You'll need to have a good monitor like hyperspin on them so that when they go down you can rush over there and start everything back up, plenty of cooling and that you know apache or unix or whatever system this stuff will be running on..dns stuff...yadda yadda yadda ...I'm sure you know about all this stuff...I'm not that savy on running my own server except I know someone who runs a datacenter at microsoft and they have to have all these cooling systems and 24 hour staff incase something crashes and stuff and you need a security check to get into the place LOL. One of these days I'm going to ask for a tour.

Good luck with that!
    I'm a system administrator of a company so I think I got that. :wink: I also already have a monitoring system that tells me if a service stops running and restarts it automatically and I am running everything on VMWare and have failover setup so that if a physical server dies, it just moves the vserver over to another host and starts it up. VMWare is the shit.

Yeah, like I said, you probably know all about that stuff..hehe

ok so if one server dies VMWare moves it to another host, or do you mean to another server? I'll have to google VMWare, cos I never heard of it, sounds cool whatever it is.

Yeah, like I said, you probably know all about that stuff..hehe

ok so if one server dies VMWare moves it to another host, or do you mean to another server? I'll have to google VMWare, cos I never heard of it, sounds cool whatever it is.
    A host is a server but it hosts many servers. So if the host dies (a physical server), the other virtual servers on that host will be transferred to another host (physical server) and turned on.

I've been doing a lot of research on free hosting. The consensus is that "you get what you pay for". They either put ads on your site, or disappear over night or the limitations on things like what you can have for php, disk storage and bandwidth and all that is so restrictive that you can't do much and basically free hosting is...unreliable.

Please do let me know what makes meekhost so different. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CrumX
    meekhost.com <-- its free fast and support ffmpeg. Im sorry for you guys who rent a server while you can get it for free with the same thing.
    Just how much does this free server cost?
    Find the best video sites at OnlineTV Video Guide. Register your Vshare there today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast