Thread: [BUG]vShare 2.6 Search function not working

Default [BUG]vShare 2.6 Search function not working

I have to revisit this topic since it was first posted in February 2008, but it seems to have gotten buried. Is this going to be fixed in 2.7?

Some keywords "kinda" work and others don't.

For example, at http://jammervision.com if you search for "banked" you'll get a return, but only one, even though this keyword is in other videos in the title, tags and descriptions. If you search for "bonnie" (which is mentioned in quite a few of the videos in the title, tags AND description) you get "video not found".

Search for "slide"...there's videos right there on the featured section with this word in both the title and tags...yet if you search for "slide" you get "video not found".

If you search for "flat" you get 4 videos, and none of them are the one that's featured on the front page "Roller Derby Explained" and the word "flat" is in the tags. If you search for "explained" which is in part of the title of "Roller Derby Explained", you get "video not found".

Not sure what's going on, but in several videos, the word "bonnie" is in the title, tags and description, yet you get "video not found". The site has over 200 videos on it. This shouldn't be happening.

But that's not all!

at http://df2videos.com search for "maps"...you get some videos but none of them is the one called "How Master Calamitus Make Maps" which is in the featured area on the front page. Search for "cheaters" and you get "Video Not Found" yet there's a video called "Cheaters must die"...search for "trainers" and the "Cheaters must die" doesn't show in the search even though the word "trainers" is in the description. Search for "cheater" and it finally shows up and that word is in the tags.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Default Re: [BUG]vShare 2.6 Search function not working

Its a less than desirable search feature. I even thought about taking it off of my site entirely.

Let's say I know there is a video titled "Hot Baked Potato" and I want to find it, so I type the name of the video in search. You would think the video with the matching name would be the first result, but it is not. It pulls up every video related to "hot", every one related to "baked" and every one related to "potato". Actually, after taking a closer look, it looks like very few of the videos contain anything to do with hot, baked or potato.

Even if I put the name of the video in quotes, the result is the same. It just pulls up a long list of videos that don't appear to be sorted in any logical manner, and the only way to find the one I am looking for is to search through dozens of pages of results. This makes the search function basically useless for searching videos.

** Just to clarify, I do not really have a hot baked potato video. That was just an example. ** :D
    This user was formerly known as SportsGamingTv.com

Sports Gaming Tv | Global Gaming News

Default Re: [BUG]vShare 2.6 Search function not working

This bug will be fixed in next release... :D