Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rappelzvideos.com

Default rappelzvideos.com

Rappelz is an MMORPG (like World of Warcraft only better and it's FREE) and this site is dedicated to this game.

This is my first heavily modified vshare skin. I did a lot to it, moved the links to a side bar, got rid of the right.tpl and the "share your videos" box that appears on some pages and other stuff. I tried to emulate the official Rappelz site (hence the blue with orange on hover links which is what they have--otherwise I wouldn't have picked those colors). Even has a forums (no bridge tho---come on guys give us an SMF bridge!!) that I tried to match as close as I could get it.

Check it out!

I've got some videos to upload and also will be populating it with more stuff using Video Swiper (what a time saver that is!).

http://rappelzvideos.com
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Default Re: rappelzvideos.com

Nice. The only thing that I can see is that your related video's section when you watch a movie needs to be wider by about 5 pixels. The reason is because your Gecko and WebKit browsers (Firefox, Safari, Camino, Chrome), put a horizontal scroll bar on it. I have to actually scroll over to see some of the text. Other than that, very well done.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Hey Thanks!! :D

It's not just those browsers...

I couldn't get the related videos box to "fit" given the width of the section on that page, I had only like 160 or 180 pixels to work with for the entire column so the related videos wouldn't fit, unless I try making the video thumb teeny tiny...I tried a few things but couldn't quite get it all to fit due to the small space I had to work with, but where there's a will there's a way. I'll keep plugging away on that.

I thought of making the video player smaller to afford more room but didn't want to compromise on the size.

OK, shrunk the player just a little bit and shrunk the size of the related videos thumbs. Seems to be fitting. Now my problem is the embedded videos...the embed object is like 425 x 355 and causing the yellow area to spill over off the page (out of the repective boxes).

I can't change the size of the video in the admin panel for some reason, I'll probably have to go thru the database and try changing them there. So far I have only 20 embedded, so it won't be too much of a nightmare, I hope. LOL

Nice. I'm not seeing the spill-over so it looks as though you may have fixed it.

Yeah, if you are using the swiper, the embed codes that get created by it have fixed widths hard coded. You'll have to change them in the database to fix. Fortunately, SQL is such a powerful language that you can actually do it quite easily without having to change each video. For future note, you can actually do this massively using the following (works best from phpmyadmin):
    Code:
    update video set embed_code=replace(embed_code, 'height=\"OLD_HEIGHT_HERE\"', 'height=\"NEW_HEIGHT_HERE\"');
    update video set embed_code=replace(embed_code, 'width=\"OLD_WIDTH_HERE\"', 'height=\"NEW_WIDTH_HERE\"');
    Note: From the "SQL" section of phpmyadmin, you can actually run both commands at the same time. Just copy them both in. This will change every video that you have embedded from the swiper into your site at once.

Speaking of the swiper, is it down for you as well? I'm not able to connect to it.
    vShare Solutions

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Hey thanks! The odd thing is that we * should* be able to change the video details in the admin panel and it wouldn't let me so that's when I thought of just doing it in the database itself.

Since I had only 20 entries to change, I just did a copy/paste of the height & width and it took only a minute, but if I had 300 of them, that would be ridiculous..so THANK YOU FOR THIS CODE!!! I don't know much, at all, about mysql stuff and I plan on getting a bunch of vids from VideoSwiper (which was down earlier but seems to be back on line).

Here's another thought...

...putting this sql thing into a php document and just running it from a URL rather than have to log into cPanel and then go to MyPhpAdmin and all that rigarmarole every time we swipe stuff.

Well, you shouldn't have to do this all of the time. You can actually set what you want the video's height and width to be by default from the swiper's admin section (will be listed under your site's configuration). However, I can write this in to a PHP file if you would like.
    vShare Solutions

Of course the setting section of swiper, didn't occur to me...now I feel like a dough head. LOL

Thanks.

I just noticed something. Earlier, you posted that you could not modify the object's height or width from the control panel? I just tried to do the same thing on my site and could not do it either. I think we may have found a bug.
    vShare Solutions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast