Thread: What happened to University tube sites?

Default What happened to University tube sites?

We were going through the sites at http://www.onlinetv.us where most of the sites are listed and found that not only did theuniversitytube change but all his college sites were gone, parked! Only some strange new site at the university tube. Anyone?

We have to update the site to remove bad links and this is very sad as it is a great niche.
    Find the best video sites at OnlineTV Video Guide. Register your Vshare there today!

Default Re: What happened to University tube sites?

My guess? He got pulled.

Check this post from last February viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2912&p=12999

Excerpt from the post:

Recently a huge college licensing company contacted us about partnering with them. In not so many words they said if we didn't partner with them they will put their lawyers on us to remove all our content
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

No way we did not get pulled. We fought that thing and came to a compromise. However, we did change our site layout and kind of went a different direction. You still have the option to change the layout. You can click the drop down next to the navigation bar.

We do have the site along with the URL up for sale. We are no longer using the Vshare script we actually switched to another Video software. If interest in the site let me know.

WOW great to hear that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Lawyers are the shit stain on the tidy-whities of civilization.

I love screwing with lawyers. Being an outspoken guy, I have racked up more than a few letters from various people's legal bulldogs.

The last one was a guy in Florida last year, year before maybe... guy used to be a friend of mine, we worked together on moving hurricane insurance claims over the internet rather than through the mail. He let his adjusters treat me like shit, so I walked away. On an industry message forum, someone asked me hey what happened to you guys, and I replied well, buddy turned out to be a lying sack of shit who was entirely untrustworthy.

The lawyer's certified letter came (which I refused to sign for, wasting his money), demanding that I apologize, and make "corrective" posts on the board. I only know that because he emailed it to me first. But I sure as hell wasn't going to give him any evidence that I'd received his communication.

So I went to the board and posted, "If I ever stated that buddy is a lying sack of shit who can't be trusted, it was only my opinion based on working with him for three years, and your experience may be different." I also emailed it to anyone I knew who knew the guy.

Lawyer called me that day to ask for a truce. I told him I wanted to be paid for my time making that post. Well, I tried anyway :)

Lawyers SUE YOU WITHOUT WARNING if they have a case.

If they THREATEN to sue you, it's because they DON'T have a case and they know it.

LAWYERS ARE FUCKING WORTHLESS PIECES OF RAT TURDS ON A SANDWICH MADE OF TWO SLICES OF SEWER SLUDGE SPREAD WITH PIG ENTRAILS.

I'm sorry, I'll try not to beat around the bush so much in the future, and just come out and say how I feel. For now you'll have to read between the lines.

Yeah, it is very hard to defend the honor of lawyers without wallowing in the dirt.

University tube is still working which is good, but so many sites have gone by the wayside in the last year it is sad. Over 10 percent by my estimate. Some of the best and most popular niches too. Strange as it may seem the horse sites were getting a lot of traffic from our video guide and they disappeared.

People, find you niche and be ready to stick it out a couple years. You have to work the content and be active. In the end if you want to take the site down, sell it - even if you sell it cheap you at least can keep the niche alive.
    Find the best video sites at OnlineTV Video Guide. Register your Vshare there today!

The law of averages proves the existence of decent lawyers. The law of supply and demand demonstrates the prohibitive cost of finding one. The solution is, never initiate a civil lawsuit. When faced with one, always represent yourself. So says the lawyerslayer @ www.lawyerslayer.org