Thread: VIDEO PLAYER IN HD

Default VIDEO PLAYER IN HD

Does VShare Support HD and is there flash video player for HD available?

Thanks

Default Re: VIDEO PLAYER IN HD

HD is no special video, it has only a better encoding rate (=quality). You can increase the bitrate.
    The file lays here: include/settings/video_conversion.php

If you want a button like YouTube, you must call bplex oder grynmoors for a special mod.

Quote Originally Posted by nitramf
    HD is no special video, it has only a better encoding rate (=quality). You can increase the bitrate.
    The file lays here: include/settings/video_conversion.php

If you want a button like YouTube, you must call bplex oder grynmoors for a special mod.
    THANKS !

what exactly needs to be modified in that file for the higher quality/HD to work? Can you be detailed? Thanks.

I am interested as well

To get high quality, you need to upload high quality video, then get it converted with out losing quality, for FLV format, increase bit rate (will increase video size too) or use software that use codec like on2 or h264. With vshare 2.7 you can upload .mp4 (h264) video, .mp4 videos are HD format and can be played with any flash player. In future release we will look into possibility of converting videos to h.264 format. This can be easily done, if you have the command to convert video to mp4 format, ffmpeg with h264 codec can do this, need to do some more testing before we can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    To get high quality, you need to upload high quality video, then get it converted with out losing quality,
    This statement is impossible. Can't be done. Not in your life. Don't even try it.

I state all of that because there is absolutely NO WAY to convert ANY video that can be played back on the web without losing quality. However, the part about you need to upload high quality video is absolutely true. You have to start with high quality video to get high quality video out of it.

for FLV format, increase bit rate (will increase video size too) or use software that use codec like on2 or h264.
    Increasing the bitrate on FLV videos with the current software used to convert them is actually pointless. This is because mencoder and ffmpeg generally convert video into FLV7 and FLV8, which is a very lossy compression standard. FLV9 and FLV10 can actually do HQ video, but they usually require commercial conversion software to do.

With vshare 2.7 you can upload .mp4 (h264) video
    You can do that today with vShare 2.6... if you install ffmpeg and mencoder with all of the proper codecs. The current installation instructions provided do not allow for this. However, if you know how to install the proper codecs, you can upload H.264 today.

One other note, mp4 != (does not equal) H.264.

.mp4 videos are HD format and can be played with any flash player
    Not true on two fronts. First, MP4 != HD. Secondly, flash players typically cannot play MP4. Flash players can, however, play H.264 (this is part of the Flash 9 standard).

In future release we will look into possibility of converting videos to h.264 format.
    I've been doing this for 6 months now (with vShare 2.6).

This can be easily done, if you have the command to convert video to mp4 format
    Can't be done with MP4. Has to be H.264

ffmpeg with h264 codec can do this, need to do some more testing before we can use it.
    As I have stated before, I've been doing this for 6 months now. Works just fine if you do it properly. PM or email me and we can talk about this further.

In light of this post, there appears to be a ton of confusion about MP4, H.264, even HD in general. Because of this, I'm going to make a post explaining the topic in full detail.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

ok, pmed you...

Quote Originally Posted by freepo
    ok, pmed you...
    My request to PM me was directed to the admin.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!