Thread: Background processing don't work

Default Background processing don't work

Hello.
    I just got vshare and I have tried it and like it alot but I cant make Background processing to work.
    I have it checked but when i upload a movie the movie stands in the process queue without anything more happend until i click on convert now. Then it converts and work but i want this to happen in the background. I have checked here and I have made my php.ini as it should be but still i cant get it to work and I have tried with diffrent files and the result are the same all the time. It dont start encoding the movie

Thanks for the help in advance :)

Default Re: Background processing don't work

for someone to help you will need to provide more information like the error log. your guess is better than anyone elses with limited details

Default Background Processing on Windows

I have installed the script under Windows XAMPP. Almost everything seems to work well. I can do video uploads/conversions with the Realtime Processing config option, and with the admin interface. So convert.php is pretty much working.

I am stuck trying to get Background Processing option to work. I can successfully run convert.php from the command line and via exec. The following example works:

exec(c:/xampp/php/php -q c:/xampp/vshare/convert.php 25)

But adding the "> /dev/null &" to the end of the command fails every time. The process_queue isn't updated and nothing is written to the debug.txt. Nothing is in the error.log.

Any ideas? This seems to be something specifically related to the "> /dev/null &" stuff at the end of the command and Windows.

If you are running in windows, you can remove

Code:
    > /dev/null &
    After u done that, still have problem, you need to chk if the convert.php is getting executed.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Yes, I did remove the " > /dev/null &" and convert.php runs great. But of course it does not run in the Background. That's the point of the "&" option. So running under Windows, how can I make convert.php run as a background process?