Thread: Is vShare free now?

Default Is vShare free now?

If not, why is vShare being offered as a free download?
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Default Re: Is vShare free now?

Its an "upgrade" download...you know let the users here work out all the bugs first :wink:

Actually, it's a full script download, meaning that anyone can download and install vShare without paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by carefree
    you know let the users here work out all the bugs first
    This is precisely what bothers me the most about this version. The whole point of the "March" test site thing was to work out the bugs. The final version of 2.7 was supposed to be bug free. It appears as though this isn't so.
    vShare Solutions

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

I think in a dynamic software u can´t merge all bugs. Look at firefox, sometimes we get a new version because the old is buggy, unsecure or whatever.

I can't even imagine that vshare is free now? What is the tactic here?

vShare is NOT FREE.

Upgrades are only used by existing users. Anyway now download link will ask paypal email address before download. We provide one year FREE update, this one is FREE for all due to delay in release of vshare 2.7. There will be no such delay now onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by nitramf
    I think in a dynamic software u can´t merge all bugs. Look at firefox, sometimes we get a new version because the old is buggy, unsecure or whatever.
    No one is saying that a software is going to be bug free. However, what I am saying is that we were told that the reason why vShare 2.7 was not released two months ago was because they wanted to put up the test site to help get rid of bugs. We then get a released version of vShare a couple of days ago, but after looking at the repository, changes were being made right up to the release, which means that the whole point of putting the software up for testing was just to waste time. I'm a software developer and I completely understand how a release cycle works. From what I can see here, the normal process for a software release was not followed as there was no cutoff point before releasing a GA copy. In software development, the process goes:

1. Design stage
    2. Alpha Stage
    3. Beta Stage
    4. Release Candidate Stage (if you going this route, usually most people do not)
    5. RTM (or in the case of web software, GA release)

Each stage can have several parts (for example, you can have a beta 1, beta 2, etc). Based on what I have seen here, vShare 2.7 is looking like beta code and not full version code.

Quote Originally Posted by nitramf
    I can't even imagine that vshare is free now? What is the tactic here?
    My point here was that the download link was freely available on the WIKI. Thus, anyone could have downloaded the software without paying for it. Hence, my question regarding whether or not the software was free.
    vShare Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    vShare is NOT FREE.

Upgrades are only used by existing users. Anyway now download link will ask paypal email address before download. We provide one year FREE update, this one is FREE for all due to delay in release of vshare 2.7. There will be no such delay now onwards.
    Thanks for clarifying. I was wondering because the download link is listed in the WIKI for anyone to download. So is the repository.
    vShare Solutions

Is there a download limit? would be pretty easy to pass along a valid email for tons of users to use.