Thread: Message and friend request not working

Default Message and friend request not working

I'm not sure if I have installed it wrong or if its a bug but the mail and friend requests dont seem to be working

The inbox works fine but when you click on a message or friend request it takes you onto the page where the message should be but theres nothing there, just shows the search box then my bottom banner

Any solutions admin???

Thanks

Default Re: Message and friend request not working

You may want to post this in the BUGS section (not the "fixed bugs" which is what this area is for)....

Did you test this out on the vShare DEMO first or just on your own installation?
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Default Re: Message and friend request not working

Quote Originally Posted by grynmoors
    You may want to post this in the BUGS section (not the "fixed bugs" which is what this area is for)....

Did you test this out on the vShare DEMO first or just on your own installation?
    I tried but when I clicked on the bugs category it asked me to sign in again then said I didnt have permission for it

No just on my own installation, have you successfully installed 2.7 yet?

Yeah, I upgraded one of my sites to v2.7. I sent a friend invite to myself at another email address and username...got the email and clicked the link. Took me to the login page and I was able to log in after receiving the activation email, that part was all normal...BUT when I logged out and then logged in as the sender of the invitation, it said "you can not send an invitation to yourself"...when I never sent one to "myself". The invitation I sent was to an alternate login with different user name and email and everything. Must be your installation...but I have reported my "bug" (and the bugs section is working now).
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!