Thread: Formatting of Text in Video Description and Clickable URLs - Solution Available Now

Smile Formatting of Text in Video Description and Clickable URLs - Solution Available Now

You may have noticed that in YouTube, the description of videos is well formatted (in paragraphs) and links are present. The users leave these links to help promote their websites or blogs or if the video can be explained better on another website. (These links are other than the link which is present in user's profile).

The vShare script does not allow formatting. Even if you write the video description in paragraphs, this is gone when video appears after processing on the website. If there is a link, it is not clickable.

After lot of research and hardwork, I have found the solution for it. It includes one new script to add in smarty and some changes in the view_video.tpl and upload.tpl files.

I am happy to provide with the solution at a price of $20-00 and if you need me to install then I will take an additional $10-00 for installation.

If anyone interested please send me a private message through this forum.
    You can also see my work on my website (URL will be sent to you before you purchase).
    Last edited by faceknock; 10-06-2009 at 06:05 PM.

As for links in comment, go to vshare admin > site settings > Allow Links in comment to YES. This will make links clickable.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Smile Formatting of Text in Video Description and Clickable URLs - Solution Available Now

I am talking about
    links in the video description

and

formatting of the text in the same place.

Thanks

Links in the video description is already there, you just need to enable it in admin area.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Links in the video description is already there, you just need to enable it in admin area.
    Dear Sir,

The links in description do appear but they are not clicakable which is the main difference.

In admin, you would have to open and edit the description to make them clickable. You cannot do that mannually all the time (needs lot of time, if many users are uploading their videos).

My MOD eliminates that need. It becomes autometic. (That is the main advantage).

ADDITIONALLY, the description does not remain formatted after a user submit it. The paragraphs vanish and all the text becomes together.

My MOD keeps the paragraphs as they are typed by the user at the time of submission. (Again, you can do that later on by the admin, but takes lot of time and effort.)

So, I hope you will appreciate now what I have done!

If not, then I am not forcing anyone to take my script or help!

Thanks

If you edit the video AFTER it's been uploaded via the Admin area, you can add HTML to the video description and formatted clickable links.

I do it all the time.

Dear Sir,

Well, that is the point that my solution works for the user and not just the admin.

If your site being uploaded videos by many users all the time, admin will have to edit each page himself, which is tedious. Isn't it.

My solution will solve this issue for users, right from the time of uploading the video.

I hope this will clarify the situation.

Thanks

If you enable the link comments in admin area, users can upload videos with link.

Check the test video with link uploaded at

BizHat.com - test link
    [email protected]

Dear Sir,

You are referring to links in the comments posted.

I am referring to links in the video description.

I hope I am clarifying it properly.

Thanks

admin area link comments option for both comment and video description.

Send a mail to [email protected] with FTP and vShare admin login details.

We will check and let you know why you are having problems with video description link.
    [email protected]