Thread: 2.7 to 2.8 and back to 2.7 unable to install now

Default 2.7 to 2.8 and back to 2.7 unable to install now

I wanted to try 2.8 in a test area so I installed 2.7 there, which worked fine and then I uploaded the 2.8 files and did the upgrade per instructions and got video conversion errors and when I used the video_conversion.php from 2.7 it seemed ok, but I wanted to use the new one which is supposed to be better...I reuploaded and starting getting server configuration errors and also "could not find flength" errors when I tried to upload...tried to fix those by checking paths to files and .htaccess, etc... with no joy so I deleted *everything* to start over.

With entirely different database with different names and completely different install directories, I keep getting this now (trying to do fresh install of 2.7):

ERROR: Unable to execute query

SELECT user_password,user_salt FROM `users` WHERE
    `user_name`='mytestsite'Table 'video.users' doesn't exist

I submitted a support ticket to vshare, but while waiting, I'm wondering if anyone else has run across this kind of thing and if they ever fixed it or if someone knows would could be causing it. Before I tried 2.8, I was able to successfully install and run 2.7 and now I can't. It's like it's not writing to the database all of a sudden. My sites that use databases are all working normally.

On a side note: Videos are not uploading to the 2.8 demo at filmshare.info. I tried both FF and IE. FF just sat there like nothing was happening and IE returned "error on page".
    Last edited by grynmoors; 01-20-2010 at 05:45 AM. Reason: spelling errors
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Smile filmshare.info uplaod problem

filmshare.info uplaod problem solved.please check http://filmshare.info

FTP login details have been sent to you.

I am still getting this with attempt of fresh install of 2.7

ERROR: Unable to execute query
    SELECT user_password,user_salt FROM `users` WHERE
    `user_name`='rigidheddleweaving'Table 'user_rhwvid.users' doesn't exist

Thanks for the help. vShare support was able to get it installed, I have no idea what they did that was different than what I was doing but it's working.

I'm giving 2.8Beta a try again and I still get a parse error during video conversion with both the old and new mencoder code in the video_converstion.php. I issued a support ticket and am waiting to hear back again.

Is anyone else trying 2.8 and having any problems?