Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade vShare 2.7 to vShare 2.8.1

Default Upgrade vShare 2.7 to vShare 2.8.1

Backup

Before you start upgrading, take backup of your site including database and files.

If you are using version older than 2.5, you need to upgrade to vShare 2.5 or higher before upgrading

You can see upgrade instructions for older versions of vshare at

http://www.buyscripts.in/vshare-release.html

If you are not familiar with installing scripts, don't do it yourself. Paid vShare upgrade service available from [email protected] for $5. If you are using too old version, its better get paid upgrade service, so you don't have to do multiple upgrades yourself.

Template Changes

Following template files are changed

http://labs.buyscripts.in/projects/v...fied_Templates

If you have custom modifications, do not delete or rewrite existing templates folder. Compare changed files with your existing files and update. You can compare files with WinMerge

Remove Old Files

You can delete (or move to a temporary folder) all folders and files other than following

chimg
    flvideo
    photo
    thumb
    video
    include/config.php
    I suggest you to move the files and folders to a temporary folder, so you can refer them if needed. Most FTP software allow you to move files and folders.

Uploading vShare 2.8.1

Download vShare 2.8.1 from Members Area or from

http://buyscripts.in/download/vshare_2.8.1.zip

Extract the zip file. Delete following files and folders (these folders and files already present in your server.)

chimg
    flvideo
    photo
    thumb
    video
    include/config.php
    Upload rest of the file to server. Make sure you don't overwrite file include/config.php in server.

Set permissions

Set permission for folder sitemap to 777

chmod 777 sitemap
    Run upgrade script

After you uploaded new files, you need to run upgrade.php to upgrade database.

http://yourdomian.com/install/upgrade.php

After upgrade finished, delete the install folder.

Enable Upload Progress Bar

http://labs.buyscripts.in/projects/v...d_progress_bar

Has anyone successfully installed this script? Can you install it on my site I will pay.. It is already installed in the site in the signature, but the upload function isn't working. When I hit upload from step one it just goes back to step one with a blank screen. And from import (download) it gives Download Error. I wish I could find whoever installed it on BizHat.com - Share Your Videos Like I said I will pay to have it done right. My site has been broken for 3 days now.

Hi,

If you can't get it fixed, open a support ticket at

BuyScripts Helpdesk

with your vshare admin and FTP login details.

Thanks

Buyscripts Team.

Hello there
    I got upgraded successfully by Hostonnet, probably yourself doing it. i got few more bugs which vshare have since i got it. please check the following:
    1. tags are not functioning with comma (you can check my site for reference at Clonevideos.com - Nepal's Largest Video Portal) it is broken, i tried to separate tags with comma for expl; Nepali video but it broke into Nepali and video.
    2. Check the video description, it is coming like in previous versions, not formatted, i have suggestion if you could integrate few formatting tools or auto formatting of paragraphs,
    3. my site rank is gone down a lot after i upgrade, is there any seo problems? my suggestion is video title should come first than the site name in the seo title. for example. my video title is new nepali song and site name is clonevideos.com but it is taking clonevideos.com-Nepali song better to have nepali song and clonevideos.com i think.
    4. there are no themes to choose from, there should be some upgraded themes available from you or other programmers.
    5. ad boxes should be increased in admin panel so we can place them as we want, editing codes are not an easy task for all the people.

I personally thank you for the help i got after i upgrade, and had new upgraded theme as well.
    Nepal's Largest video community portal. share wisely at WWW.CLONEVIDEOS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by clonevideos View Post
    1. tags are not functioning with comma (you can check my site for reference at Clonevideos.com - Nepal's Largest Video Portal) it is broken, i tried to separate tags with comma for expl; Nepali video but it broke into Nepali and video.
    Tags are just words, not multiple words, this is how youtube parse tags.

2. Check the video description, it is coming like in previous versions, not formatted, i have suggestion if you could integrate few formatting tools or auto formatting of paragraphs,
    We will be releasing a patch for this shortly.

3. my site rank is gone down a lot after i upgrade, is there any seo problems? my suggestion is video title should come first than the site name in the seo title. for example. my video title is new nepali song and site name is clonevideos.com but it is taking clonevideos.com-Nepali song better to have nepali song and clonevideos.com i think.
    There is no change in SEO side, only change done is returning 404 page when there is no page, before 2.8, it did not return 404 error for non existant pages.

5. ad boxes should be increased in admin panel so we can place them as we want, editing codes are not an easy task for all the people.
    Locations of advertisement depends on template used. If you have suggestion on new ads location, let us know we will try to add if it is useful to everyone.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by hostonnet View Post
    Tags are just words, not multiple words, this is how YouTube parse tags.
    i do understand that tags are just words but in many cases combine of words should be tags, if you just give a minute and check my sites tags, you will see a ling underlined links in my all video tags, and that looks like spam for search engine which can't be searched, youtube is not using only single word as tags, (check this video tags: YouTube - ‪Lil Wayne - How to Love [New Music 2011]‬‏) and when you go the the one of the underlined tag, you will see a searchable link and it will search the exact or related videos from the site. in my case it is giving me all videos starting from the beginning video id 1 or so..., i had fixed this problem in earlier version through you though..comma should separate the tag and between two words there shoud be hyphens so it would be seo friendly tags i think.

We will be releasing a patch for this shortly.

-i am waiting for the patch so it will be looking well paragraphed, specially for lyrics part.

There is no change in SEO side, only change done is returning 404 page when there is no page, before 2.8, it did not return 404 error for non existent pages.

- i acknowledged that , it is great, if the video title (i think from htaccess file) comes first and the site name after that, would be better for ranking as i have tested this method in WordPress and it works fine with search engines. if you check (site:www.clonevideos.com) in Google all of my link listed by Google are mostly with the site name first. i have no idea if it can be done???

Locations of advertisement depends on template used. If you have suggestion on new ads location, let us know we will try to add if it is useful to everyone.
    - video sites are not that easy and profitable online business as i learned in my 3 years of video site experience, there are sites who do make money as well. there are thousands of sites and hundreds of ad networks around, if there are more spaces for advertisements if would be great. in my case i did add more ad boxes, in general A. you can add two more boxes in homepage like home 1, home 2, home 3, and even can add option in admin to show the add in different locations like right, left, with flexible height, width. B. browsing videos with most views, recent etc, below the category menu we can add one more box for the same size of category menu box. C. in video player itself if possible to embed short videos, or a flash banners before or after playing videos which will not require to go to longtail videos or google adsense and other ad networks and wait for approval and you don't know which ads will display, if someone have direct advertisers they can run their own ads in this case. its my idea only and suggestion, if possible????

More over, some changes i would like to see in the admin area are:1. while you put videos uploaded for moderation, you should have option to watch the video in popup or in ajax and option to reject, or delete from the same screen, now you have to click the video title to watch it will go to edit option and only you can delete if you have to, to approve you have to go to approve video again, its a long process for busy sites. 2. Branding user channel, subscribe user option is still missing, even the rss part is missing in my theme though.
    I know for 10$ it is all annoying though but you can increase the price for better service, that is my way, so it is not necessary to be yours though. hope you will read it and respond. i am testing different ways in my site if i can come up with something different but i am a dump, not a programmer so i go no where i am sure.. anyway, thanks, for all the response and help i received from you.
    Kiran

Default Upgrading

if i upgrade wont that take away all the designs and modification i did to my site.
    it said to add the new folders but they will override my original templates write i dont want to redesign everything again.

Thumbs down No Reply for weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by jhowel03 View Post
    if i upgrade wont that take away all the designs and modification i did to my site.
    it said to add the new folders but they will override my original templates write i dont want to redesign everything again.
    I had posted some message to the admin/developer of vshare but no response for weeks now? if you upgrade to vshare new version, it will delete all the old templates, old modifications and whatever you have developed separately in the past. Apart from that you will be having some errors as well such as your tags will not function well, your video description won't be readable, you won't be able to have your own templates or you can't have new template supporting with new version till now. its being cheap script but gives you lot of time to modify them to work for you. i am tired with this script now. Think before you upgrade. This is my suggestion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast