Thread: want to use paypal to limit bandwidth usage / sell time

Default want to use paypal to limit bandwidth usage / sell time

I am a php developer.

I want to use vshare and paypal together.

the packages are a good feature and so is the paypal support.

what i want to do is set up a package to work 'by the minute'.

so someone could rent video space on my server for x dollars, and have maximum of x minutes of video, and have x days where their video is online. after x days, the video would be set to inactive or deleted from the server.

are their any devs that can tell me where to begin, or has anyone made a system like this before?

This won't be easy as video is served by web server, so not easy to find how many minutes visitor have viewerd. If you really want to do some thing like this, you may need to use some thing like flash media server.

I don't know who is going to pay for minutes while there are many free video sites allowing unlimited views.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Default i will explain it

i believe you misunderstand the requirement, and I need to make it clearer if I'm going to get answers.

to be clear, flash media server is not necessary.

also, not worried about whether it is a competitive business.

basically, want to be able to have signups expire after a period of time, such as the package specifies.

so there would be one month, two months, and three month packages. after the subscription expires, then the videos from that user would not be viewable. that is one requirement.

with the one month subscription, the user can only post a 10 minute advertisement. with the two month subscription, the user can only post a 20 minute advertisement, or 20 minute advertisements total. that is the second requirement.

so basically, limit the time that videos are on the site, and limit the length of the videos that users can post.

from looking at the db, there is a length of the video.

i would imagine there is a signup date in the db, perhaps there is a way when showing available videos to limit those displayed to currently active, paid customers, within the period they paid for.

hope this helps to understand the requirement better.

I can build a mod to do that. Contact me via my site below with your full requirements for a quote.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Default wellll....

Thank you for your interest.

However, as I stated above, I am a developer, and I am looking for information on how this would be done (files to change, db tables to modify), or if there are available solutions / modifications similar to what I am requesting.

I really cannot hire a contractor at this time. If you want to help and can give some insight into the above, I would appreciate it, and certainly if the opportunity arises, someone who was helpful with information and demonstrates that they are knowledgeable would be first in line if there was such an opportunity.

for now... If a little insight on the forum is not something you can provide, I respect your time and I have been on the other side... I understand, and I thank you for being there.

Best of luck to you with your business.

Anyone with technical details on where to look or places to change, I would appreciate this.

users table have user signup date, also look into subscription table/code, u will get subscription expiry date. You may need to run a crop job to disable videos on expiry of subsription. As for enforcing video duration, you can use the dution in video table.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Default thanks

those sound like good spots to look.

thanks for taking the time.

i am also curious where i am supposed to point the paypal ipn page in the account for success or failure. i have it set to a different ipn page, and i want to ensure a seamless experience for the user.

Paypal integration is already available in vshare, that handles ipn. Check in the payment folder.
    [email protected]