Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable to execute query ....MySQL server has gone away

Default Unable to execute query ....MySQL server has gone away

When i import a video or use bulk youtube import , i find this error in cron.php

cronjob started
    Download Finished
    File Name: /home/youchahe/public_html/video/33ec641072b47b5c2f1ea598b5c7246a.flv
    File Size: 26383921ERROR: Unable to execute query
    UPDATE `process_queue` SET
    status='2' , file ='33ec641072b47b5c2f1ea598b5c7246a.flv' WHERE `id`=16
    MySQL server has gone away

i used your tip in http://forums.buyscripts.in/installa...html#post12727
    $cmd_mencoder = "$config[mencoder] '$video_src' -o $video_flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:l ast_pred=3 -srate 22050 -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_fram es";

but nothing happens, still the same problem.
    I'm using a video shared hosting.

In order to bypass this problem i usually update manually the database and continue the job. is there any "automatic" way.
    thank you in advance

vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

thank you for you support.

As my host don't offer custom php.ini, if i make a modification in htaccess with php_value or php_admin_value, i found an internal error 500.

So, i changed $sql = "UPDATE `process_queue` SET
    status='2' , file ='$file_name' WHERE `id`=$vid";
    mysql_query($sql) or mysql_die($sql);

to the line 91 of functions_upload.php

and now it works perfectly.

Thanks

My timeout has been increased to 30 minutes, and I still get the same error. Database has gone away.

Hi,

Open a support ticket at

BuyScripts Helpdesk

with your vshare admin and FTP login details.

Thanks,

Buyscripts Team

Quote Originally Posted by cybra View Post
    My timeout has been increased to 30 minutes, and I still get the same error. Database has gone away.
    How big are the videos that you are uploading? When vShare starts the conversion process, it establishes a connection to mySQL. When the process finishes, it attempts to update mySQL with the information for the videos. If the time between the start and finish is greater than 30 minutes, then you would still get the Database has gone away error. With a timeout of 30 minutes, it sounds as though either what you are uploading and converting is very big, or your server is taking an unusually long time to convert.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

The biggest file was about 15 minutes long. But it times out on videos as short as 7 minutes. The entire process goes for about 4-5 minutes before it times out. The average 4-5 minutes videos convert fine with no problem.

My host ensured me that they increased it but I have now way of knowing for sure. I am just taking their word for it.

(from my server)
    Hello,

we have increased the timeout limit to 1800 now. Please check and let us know if you need any other assistance.

Thanks!

Ask them which timeout limit they actually changed and if they restarted mySQL after the change. By default, BTW, the limit is set to 8 hours. They are telling you that it is set to 30 minutes, but if it is timing out before 30 minutes, it is obviously not set to 30 minutes.
    vShare Solutions

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

I asked them to increase the MySQL server timeout and I actually restarted the server myself. So you said by default the limit is set to 8 hours. That would mean they actually would have decreased the limit to 30 minutes? Should I ask them then to set the limit to 8 hours?

Are you on a dedicated server (or virtual server)? If so, you can actually check the my.cnf file yourself (usually /etc/my.cnf) and see what they set the wait_timeout limit to. By default, it's 8 hours. However, setting it that high hurts performance which is why most host set it to something much lower than that (usually 5-10 minutes).
    vShare Solutions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast