Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Give more space than 100 mb?

If you do not have access to php.ini, there is no way to change the upload limit. The upload limit is set from your main server.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Quote Originally Posted by bplex View Post
    If you do not have access to php.ini, there is no way to change the upload limit. The upload limit is set from your main server.
    I managed to upload a 168MB file that is 35 minutes long, but it only plays the first 2 minutes. Is this the result of having a 100MB limit? I would have thought it would have just rejected the video and not uploaded it at all.

If it only shoes the first few minutes, the limit is probably less than 100MB. As I said before, the text "100mb" that you see is just text. It doesn't mean anything to PHP.

Now, with regards to the file not being rejected, that is possible because the upload script, by default, has a different upload max. For the file to be rejected, you would need to change the max file limit in the upload script to match what your server is actually set to. Then, the uploaded would reject the upload if it is too big.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

If it only shoes the first few minutes, the limit is probably less than 100MB. As I said before, the text "100mb" that you see is just text. It doesn't mean anything to PHP.

Now, with regards to the file not being rejected, that is possible because the upload script, by default, has a different upload max. For the file to be rejected, you would need to change the max file limit in the upload script to match what your server is actually set to. Then, the uploaded would reject the upload if it is too big.
    I don't think it is less than 100MB because I also have an 85MB upload which is 14 minutes long and that plays okay. It seems stupid to not have access to php.ini on a video hosting site. I only signed up for it to host videos.

Default upload maximum limit from beyond 100MB

Yes, you can change the upload maximum limit from beyond 100MB. This requires you to do a few things. First, you need to increase the upload max limit within PHP (the most that you can set this to is 1.95GB). Once you have changed that, simply modify your template file so that it matches what you have set in PHP. The "100MB maximum" text that you see is just that, text. It is meaningless (it is just used to tell people what the limit is). The real limit is set in PHP.

can you give me the name of the file to modify?. in template or template c?.

You can change the the text (100 mb) by editing the upload_file.tpl in template folder
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12