Thread: Failed to find flength file

Default Failed to find flength file

Everytime I try an upload a test video I get this message. I've searched on the internet but I can't even understand the process they're talking about to try and fix it and it seems to be hit and miss with various different causes. Can anybody help "walk me through" what to look at and what to change please? Thanks

this is driving me insane.....I have read all the supposed fixes but I have no idea where some of the files they talk about are or if they even exist. I've looked in my cgi-bin and there is the uber uploader file but nothing else. Where is the htaccess file located as I've found a couple of them but they already have the text that I'm supposed to add. I really need some help with this because my site is absolutely pointless without it and since my business is now dependent on it it's unfuriating to say the least.

What control panel you have on the server ?

Mostly this happen on servers with Plesk control panel.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Hi, thanks for your reply. Forgive me, I'm not to hot on all this - How would I find that out?

i think i have cpanel from what i have just read

I have just worked it out.....for anyone else who has this problem I think the answer lies in the fact that what ever you have written in the $TEMP_DIR of the ubr.upload.pl file MUST BE DUPLICATED IN THE "UBR_INI.PHP"

I did that and it worked

NEW PROBLEM THOUGH - my videos from my iphone which I've just uploaded as a test have turned sideways...Any ideas as to why??

This is ridiculous - now it's saying ERROR: Failed to create temp_dir when I try to upload more videos. I now have one 3 sec video but anything larger just gives the above error message.

Reupload ubr folder from orginal vShare.

Set 755 permission for

cgi-bin and cgi-bin/uu_upload.pl

Change the path in uu_upload.pl