Thread: wysiwyg email template - newbie help

Default wysiwyg email template - newbie help

Hi all--

I'm new to the video sharing community and I've finally settled on vshare as my software of choice, so please take my foolish questions in stride. I have many, many questions and I'll try to keep redundancy to a minimum.

In my ACP, the WYSIWYG email template editor doesn't seem to be loading as it should. Each time I've tried to edit a template, I'm presented with straight HTML code and not a formatted form with which to work. I have WYSIWYG enabled (both instances.) I've attempted to edit in both FF & IE and the form remains in HTML in both browsers.

Do I need to re-upload something? Thanks for your time and as always, any insight is appreciated.

-s.w

My sig refuses to show, but I'm using vshare 2.8.1
    Last edited by studiowi33; 09-22-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    Running vshare 2.8.1

Hi,

Make sure, WYSIWYG editor is enabled in Admin -> Site Settings -> Miscellaneous -> WYSIWYG Editor: (For Email Templates).

If you can't get it fixed, Open a support ticket at BuyScripts Helpdesk

with your vShare admin and FTP login details.

Thanks,

Buyscripts Team.

Thanks for your response Vshare2. I've actually got a couple of problems and they might be related. I now have NO WYSIWYG editing abilities on 2 different hosts. I thought maybe there was a server config problem (and there may very well be) so I bought a months worth of hosting to test my theory. Nope...no WYSIWYG. Additionally, on my new host, when I attempt to alter my Advertising settings, I'm directed to the Site Statistics page and I lose my lefthand menu frame. I'm still able to access the page and edit the settings/text if I go to /admin/advertisements.php, but again, no menu is available. I also lose my ACP menu when attempting to view my Admin Log. I've reuploaded the templates/admin/ folder to see if that might solve the problem, but so far, no joy.

I've been hard at work editing my stylesheet, but I don't believe I could caused any problems editing a stylesheet, but what the hell do I know?

Any ideas? Or do I need to open a ticket? I appreciate the time and effort you've spent helping a noob.
    Thank you.

-s.w
    Last edited by studiowi33; 09-23-2011 at 08:50 PM.
    Running vshare 2.8.1