Thread: Blocking Proxy Servers

Default Blocking Proxy Servers

Is there a way to block proxy server use? Once in a while I notice in the guest_info records that someone is using a proxy server to view videos for free. I can manually add records to the database to block the IP addresses.

But is there a way to put in a range of IP address - such as 55.55.55.* or 44.44.*.* ?
    I am aware that this may block valid users, but that is not my question.

The database does not recognize the asterisk as a wild character (or at least does not compare it as one).

So could I add some code in the video_view.php file just before it redirects them to the signup page?

Any suggestions? Thanks.
    CasselmanCanada.com (free access)

It would be easier to do that via .htaccess. Something like:

Code:
    order allow,deny
    deny from 55.55.55.
    deny from 44.44.
    allow from all
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Thanks, that makes more sense. I think I traced the apparent problem to the Google search engine spider. It is the one with the IP address range that I was seeing. I will leave it alone and let it do its work. The site was running vshare 2.4 and was constantly showing hits. I upgraded to 2.8.1 and now google still hits the site but the videos don't seem to attract counter increments when it does. (ProWrestlingPlus.com)
    CasselmanCanada.com (free access)