Thread: Haven't Yet Purchased 2.8 ! How To Transfer Members from 2.7 ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow Haven't Yet Purchased 2.8 ! How To Transfer Members from 2.7 ?

Hello,

I haven't yet purchased vshare 2.8. But I'm going to purchase this version. Before that ..

I have previously used vshare 2.7 on my OLD DOMAIN. I have dropped that site. vshare License Not Valid.
    Now, I have a NEW DOMAIN. I'm going to use vshare in the SUBDOMAIN of the NEW DOMAIN.

Old Domain: http://abc.com
    New Domain: http://xyz.com
    Vshare Site: http://videos.xyz.com

I want to know, How to transfer the members alone from abc.com to videos.xyz.com (Not the video files).
    I know it's something to do with database. But how exactly ?

Coz I had so many users in the old domain. It will be worth starting again but with all the old members.

Thank You.

Move all files to new site. Edit include/config.php, update $config['baseurl'] and $config['basedir']

I don't have any old files with me.
    I have only the old site's database.
    I'm going to buy vshare 2.8 and start a new site from the scratch.
    But I want ONLY THE MEMBERS to be added from the old database to the new database.

There are changes in users table, so you need to make the changes to vshare 2.7 table.

Open a support ticket, we can do the import next week.

Couldn't you install the new vshare. Then remove the new database (backup first). Put in your old database. Run the upgrade.php. Then go in with myphpadmin again and delete all the video records. There would be other things to delete too though, such as comments, favorites, ratings, friends, etc. But basically you now have all your users.

One thing to keep in mind when upgrading to 2.8.1 that I did now know about and I don't know when it changed as i was upgrading from 2.4... The paid access is based on number of videos viewed. In 2.4 and maybe others it was based on MB viewed. So I upgraded in the middle of active accounts and the new db does not even keep track of the amount of data that is viewed only that a user has clicked on a video. Not a big deal once I noticed it and changed any advertising information.
    CasselmanCanada.com (free access)

Thanks for the reply jayscot. It was a bit complicated for me.
    BuyScipts team has completed installation & all the necessary things required. Thanks Admin.

Now It's time to rock :)

Quote Originally Posted by jayscot View Post
    The paid access is based on number of videos viewed. In 2.4 and maybe others it was based on MB viewed. So I upgraded in the middle of active accounts and the new db does not even keep track of the amount of data that is viewed only that a user has clicked on a video. Not a big deal once I noticed it and changed any advertising information.
    OK, I'm quoting myself here but it is a big deal. I now notice that my site does not stop the people from viewing when they reach the magic number of videos allowed. Where do I look for the code for this? Or how do I put back the old size limitation code?
    CasselmanCanada.com (free access)

See my answer to your question in your other post.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!