Thread: ERROR: 500 internal server error on install..

Default ERROR: 500 internal server error on install..

Hello all!
    I followed this vShare Installation Instructions vShare Version 2.7 Installation but now when I try to install vShare I have this error... :
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Why?? Can someone help me please???
    ThankYou!

check that your servsr meets the Web Server Requirements, as its seem its dose not.

(1) Check the files and folder permission of inside the install folder.

(2) Edit .htacess and remove the following line

Options +FollowSymLinks

I change Chmod 755 everything inside of the "install" directory and I install vShare... but now I get the same error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If I try to login to vShare admin area or I try to login to vShare user area...

Ok problem solved:rolleyes: Thanks

Friends,

I´m having the same problem. I followed the vShare instructions and host my site on Hostonnet, like as Buyscripts recommended, but, I´m getting Internal Server error. I tried to put 777 permission in the Install folder but doesn´t work.

Now, about the .htacces, I can´t find this in server to remove the "Option line"... please, some friend can help me?

Sorry by English errors, I hope that you understand my need.

Thanks for all.

Marco

Open support ticket with your FTP login, we can check this.

http://helpdesk.buyscripts.in/open.php

This is caused by "Options +FollowSymLinks" in .htaccess, if it is not present, make sure files/folders having php have permission 755 (php scripts won't run with permission 777).

Admin, thanks for your faster help... I installed the vshare program and my homepage works very good. But, another problem appears after de installation. The Login area doesn´t work. I tried access the login area with the vshare standard user and another user that I created and get the error:

Not Found

The requested URL /login/ was not found on this server.

I don´t know what I should to do....

God bless you for the help.

Tks,

Marco

Re upload .htaccess file, it will fix the error.