Thread: Vshare Update

Default Vshare Update

Is there going to be an update for Vshare that works with php 5.4.6 ? My site is no longer working since php was updated. I'm getting the error Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _FILES Everything was fine before the php version change or is there a fix to this?

The error I was getting was
    function upload_jpg($_FILES, $var_name, $file_name, $img_width = 128, $dir = "upload/", $rename = '')

So I looked at the line this is what I got
    function upload_jpg($_FILES, $var_name, $file_name, $img_width = 128, $dir = "upload/", $rename = '')

I edited the file to this and it's working

function upload_jpg( $var_name, $file_name, $img_width = 128, $dir = "upload/", $rename = '')

What does the $_FILES code do? by removing is there going to be issues in the future? Or will I be ok running the site without it? This is a fresh install so I wouldn't see and changed until I get to working on it so I wanted to see if I'm causing a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mlk77 View Post
    The error I was getting was

So I looked at the line this is what I got

I edited the file to this and it's working

function upload_jpg( $var_name, $file_name, $img_width = 128, $dir = "upload/", $rename = '')

What does the $_FILES code do? by removing is there going to be issues in the future? Or will I be ok running the site without it? This is a fresh install so I wouldn't see and changed until I get to working on it so I wanted to see if I'm causing a problem.
    You must change all $_FILES variable with variable $var_name in this function upload_jpg.

if you can't do it, please open a Support ticket with your site admin and FTP login details.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by vshare2 View Post
    You must change all $_FILES variable with variable $var_name in this function upload_jpg.

if you can't do it, please open a Support ticket with your site admin and FTP login details.

Thanks,
    I can edit the files this is no problem at all for me. I'm just a little unclear on what your asking. It sounds like I'm suppose to edit the functions.php file again and replace every $_FILES with $var_name ?
    Could you give me an example? I would open a ticket but I'm not running this script on a actual domain it's a home server. The best I would be able to do is email the file or you can email the edited file.

Thanks.