Thread: Give more space than 100 mb?

Question Give more space than 100 mb?

Hello

how can I do this to give 300 mb space for videos instead of 100 mb

Thanks

Greetings

Omid Azizi :)

Hi,

To upload 300 Mb file, you may need a dedicated server. Converting large video take lot of cpu time, so it may not work on shared server.

Thanks,
    Buyscripts Team.

Quote Originally Posted by vshare2 View Post
    Hi,

To upload 300 Mb file, you may need a dedicated server. Converting large video take lot of cpu time, so it may not work on shared server.

Thanks,
    Buyscripts Team.
    My hosting account with vShare is shared, but on my other site it is dedicated - unfortunately my other hosting doesnt allow youtube clones and isnt good for video hosting at all - that is why i signed up for a second account with vShare. Now i experience the same problem... whereas diskspace is unlimited on my dedicated server, it is limited here despite being the "unlimited" hosting package, and i cant control the php.ini file to allow better quality videos to be uploaded.

Is there a way around this?
    Is there any upgrades that will allow the limit to raise from 100MB maximum to say 700MB maximum?

Are you saying you are having hosting with Unlimited disk space ? Unlimited is not possible, anyway if you need to use it, you can set it up as remote server in vShare Admin area, so uploaded video get uploaded to this server after processing.

As for uploading large video, best thinking you can do is convert video on your PC (this take some time and your PC can become slow too), then upload to server, this way server don't have to convert video to FLV.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Are you saying you are having hosting with Unlimited disk space ? Unlimited is not possible, anyway if you need to use it, you can set it up as remote server in vShare Admin area, so uploaded video get uploaded to this server after processing.

As for uploading large video, best thinking you can do is convert video on your PC (this take some time and your PC can become slow too), then upload to server, this way server don't have to convert video to FLV.
    On my other hosting account (ipage) it says next to diskspace "XY% of unlimited" (XY denotes currently uploaded size), on my vShare hosting account it says "XY% of 100000MB" - does this mean that when i have 100000MB uploaded that users will no longer be able to upload videos?
    This is the only sense of the word 'unlimited' which i am concerned about. How do i set up a remote server?

As for the direct upload to server - it is a good idea but wont i also have to manually add the file and assign it to each user in phpmyadmin?

There is no Unlimited disk space, when you start uploading larges files your host will tell you that.

To add remote server, check

Admin > Servers > Add Server

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    There is no Unlimited disk space, when you start uploading larges files your host will tell you that.

To add remote server, check
    I have all my uploads going to a remote server where i am on a dedicated server - so i have the power to set the bar higher than 100MB, is there a way in which i can change it so that users can upload largers files than 100MB - since i am bypassing my main server?

Uploads always go to server on which vshare installed. If need to host vshare on dedicated server if you need files uploaded directly to that server.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Yes, you can change the upload maximum limit from beyond 100MB. This requires you to do a few things. First, you need to increase the upload max limit within PHP (the most that you can set this to is 1.95GB). Once you have changed that, simply modify your template file so that it matches what you have set in PHP. The "100MB maximum" text that you see is just that, text. It is meaningless (it is just used to tell people what the limit is). The real limit is set in PHP.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Quote Originally Posted by bplex View Post
    Yes, you can change the upload maximum limit from beyond 100MB. This requires you to do a few things. First, you need to increase the upload max limit within PHP (the most that you can set this to is 1.95GB). Once you have changed that, simply modify your template file so that it matches what you have set in PHP. The "100MB maximum" text that you see is just that, text. It is meaningless (it is just used to tell people what the limit is). The real limit is set in PHP.
    I don't have access to php.ini on the domain which vShare is installed on. On my other domain I do, but that doesn't support FLV tool and mpeg encoder etc, basically I signed up for a new domain with new hosts solely to host a video sharing site.

My users are witholding from posting videos because of the low maximum limit. 90% of my users say that the average size of their files is between 175 - 350 MB. They barely have any lower than 100MB, as a consequence 99% of the videos on the site are my own.

I really need to set the limit higher ASAP before my users forget my site and go elsewhere.
    Can nobody help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast