Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long videos not playing correctly.

Default Long videos not playing correctly.

I think I might have posted this in the wrong forum before so sorry for the double post.

Hi,

I had Vshare installed with "hostonnet.com". I recently uploaded a video about 165MB(About 24 minutes). Keep in mind that I wouldn't be able to do this considering it says that there's a "100MB" file limit and I made no prior edits to any files to allow me to upload more. The file uploaded successfully. However when I click to view the video and press play. It starts playing like it should but the loading bar immediately skips to the end. The file is still playing correctly in the exact order it should but I can't fast forward to any part of the video I want since the bar only loads about 30 seconds into the video. The video can be viewed here:

http://www.rpgnstream.com/view/17/tsuba ... cles-ep-1/

If you watch it you'll notice the tiny moving bar will go straight to the end and then only controls about the first 15 seconds of the video. But the video will play for it's entire length of 22 minutes but you can only control the first 10 seconds and can't skip to any other part. Is there a way to fix this?

I searched the forum and this person seems to be having the same problem: http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.p ... ht=forward

But it was never solved so I have no solution. I know there must be won because I see tons of sites with videos well over 20 minutes with a perfect progress bar.

The file only played for about 6 mins then stopped (was just getting into it as well hehe) i think due to it being a large file it may have timedout in the conversion process. try and do the conversion manually from command line. see FAQ section for info

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Which thread are you talking about exactly?

This one? http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.p ... mmand+line

Or this one?

http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.p ... mmand+line

Or this one instead?

http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.p ... mmand+line

Also would this have anything to do with the PHP settings by any chance?

So the thread says to upload a convert.php file. However I already have a convert.php. So I used the one that was already there and was faced with :

ERROR: Unable to execute query

SELECT * FROM sconfig

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
    So I thought that probably isn't the one I should be using. So I followed the directions from the thread except I uploaded the convert.php into my templates folders. This shouldn't affect anything right? So it turns out to be mydomain.com/templates/convert.php. However all I get is:

MEncoder 1.0rc1-3.4.6 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15, Stepping: 6)
    CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
    Compiled with runtime CPU detection.

Exiting...
    What is this and what does it mean? o_o;;

Sorry for double post. The bug is fixed by using FFMpeg to encode the files. However now I am faced with extremely low video quality. I used this thread to try and fix it:

http://forums.buyscripts.in/viewtopic.p ... se+quality

However when I replace that line with the given the video won't play. I increase the video bitrate however the quality does not increase. Is there no way to increase FFMpeg's quality?

i think mencoder supports more formats is better at converting so should be used instead if possible.... post what you have in your convert file

This is my video conversion file. As you can see I added the '-b 1200' to increase the quality of FFMpegs conversion. The audio increased when I raised it to 128. But why isn't the video quality increasing?

<?php

$cmd_ffmpeg = "$config[ffmpeg] -i '$video_src' -acodec mp3 -ar 22050 -ab 128 -f flv -b 1200 $video_flv";
    $cmd_mencoder = "$config[mencoder] '$video_src' -o $video_flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
    vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:l ast_pred=3 -srate 22050 -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_fram es";

$cmd_all = $cmd_ffmpeg;

$convert_3gp = $cmd_all;
    $convert_mp4 = $cmd_all;
    $convert_mov = $cmd_all;
    $convert_asf = $cmd_all;
    $convert_mpg = $cmd_all;
    $convert_avi = $cmd_all;
    $convert_mpeg = $cmd_all;
    $convert_wmv = $cmd_all;
    $convert_rm = $cmd_all;
    $convert_dat = $cmd_all;

sorry i ment the convert.php you put in templates

<html>
    <body bgcolor="Black" text="White">
    <?php

$convert_command = "/usr/bin/mencoder '/home/rpgnstre/public_html/video/doawins2.avi' -o /home/rpgnstre/public_html/flvideo/11881589291825703661.flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=500:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:l ast_pred=3 -srate 22050 -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_fram es";

$var = exec($convert_command,$exec_result);

echo "<pre>";
    for($i=0;$i<count($exec_result);$i++){
    echo $exec_result[$i] . "
    ";
    }

?>
    </body>
    </html>
    Is what is in there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast