Thread: Please Help question about .htaccess

Default Please Help question about .htaccess

ok, I have to start out by saying I love my vshare website. I'm hoping I can get all the kinks worked out. but got some questions......

my site was working flawlessly a week ago. Today, I logged on and noticed that I had 5 new people join my website but none of them had uploaded any video! So I thought that was weird if they took the time to sign up wouldn't they upload some video.

come to find out nothing is working. I'm getting 404 page not found all over the place!!

Why in the world would I all the sudden have to reinstall my .htaccess in order to get funcationality back?

I'm confused. I'm using Cirtexhosting if that makes any difference.

Also 2 of the 5 new people who signed up tried using the $5 package I setup and when I realized I didn't have $10 in my paypal I figure out why they got this error message....

what gives??!!

ERROR: Unable to execute query

UPDATE signup SET acount_status='Inactive' where UID=22
    Unknown column 'acount_status' in 'field list

If anyone has any clue I'd love some help! I'm not going to start over its taken me months to get to this point and the site is not stable at all.

Default Re: Please Help question about .htaccess

Are you using latest version ?

yes and no....long story that I posted on another topic. i ran the update but recent problems after restoring files shows that i'm now using older version.

Apparently, I think what the cause was of the 404 page not found errors is that I was making changes in the admin panel to the packages I kept switching between free service and enable packages and I think it corrupted .htaccess if that is possible?? So I restored .htaccess and everything is fine. I know this because I tested functions of the profiles prior to finding out the packages were not working.

I would run the update again if I knew it wouldn't crash my website. I don't have a very strong background in programming so things don't make sense. If you tell me what to do. I can do it no problem. but the code is still a mystery to me that's why I pay freelancers to fix it.

by the way admin I appologize I just read that the package issue is a bug...I didn't realize until I browsed through bug fixes topic.