Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade vShare v2.4 to vShare 2.5

Default Re: Upgrade vShare v2.4 to vShare 2.5

Ok,

Now I`m not amused at all. All seemed to work but now my conversions STOP at CONVERSION FINISHED, they dont continue, so kindly tell me what is going on!!!

My realtime works....my batch process no longer works..... I really need this sorted out so kindly advise

regards

P.S - I have been able to fix it...my Cronjob settings were totally messed up so I had to re-programme it

Quote Originally Posted by leki
    admin can you please stick to a standard when you change templates in future, sometimes you add Indentation to templates and sometimes you dont...then next update you swap it all round again. this makes it very hard and annoying to update all the templates with winmerge.
    Yeah, this is one of the reasons that I am sticking with v2.3. It works great and I have made so many changes that I can't imagine doing that all over again even with winmerge.

I think this is the best script I have ever seen but I just wished upgrading was a bit smoother. I would just like to be able to have some of the new features of the newer releases without changing the template.

I think it would be cool if we had more mods available. So we could just "plug-in" the new functions.

Thanks, Jereme
    This why I have also not upgraded and I'm still using the 2.3 version. Tired of messing with the template. The script works great and I appreciate the efforts that has gone into the further development of this script.

At some point I'll upgrade, but that will be when I have the time to devote to going back and changing everything in the template that gets reverted back went I upgrade it.

Hi! I have this message when I try to upgrade the MySQL:
    Your database already upgraded to version 2.5

But, I just upload the files... It's a problem?

Only reason for this is you already upgraded to vshare 2.5

But I just upload files from the upgrade file downloaded from here.
    When I try this step:
    http://yourdomain.extn/install/upgrade_2.4_to_2.5.php
    Say a message that my database is already upgraded to 2.5.
    Then, I do not understand how my data base already was updated for 2.5 version

Check your tables and see if the SQL's in install/upgrade_2.4_to_2.5.sql already on the DB.

Default Video Import takes two cron jobs?

Hey,

I did the upgrade, no major problems to report other than the below.

Import video function seems to be not working quite right. When I go to import the video from another site (direct link to video), it comes back instantly saying "video is being processed." The video doesn't actually get downloaded until you run cron.php apparently. Then it must be run again to process it from what I can tell.

As well, if you put a link to a video that doesn't exist, you still get the same "video is being processed" window.

Delete All From Process Queue link comes back with an error about not being able to delete /videos/

Thanks.

Default Re: Video Import takes two cron jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by mersh
    Import video function seems to be not working quite right. When I go to import the video from another site (direct link to video), it comes back instantly saying "video is being processed." The video doesn't actually get downloaded until you run cron.php apparently. Then it must be run again to process it from what I can tell.
    This is not a bug. Import video need cronjob to work. This way you can continue adding new video to import queue, not waiting for video download and processing, if we do both at same time, on some servers it can get killed in half way creating problems, also it increase server load.

Quote Originally Posted by mersh
    As well, if you put a link to a video that doesn't exist, you still get the same "video is being processed" window.
    Delete All From Process Queue link comes back with an error about not being able to delete /videos/
    I will be checking this.

admin, I try to put a topic on vShare 2.5 Bug Fixes, but I can see the New Topic button...

Is there any way that we can get a list of what was changed in the tpl files?

I did a vast amount of changes to mine. What if what you changed is something I removed entirely? I'd really hate to waste a week of my time remodding files unnecessarily. It would be great if there was a list that says what was changed in each tpl and css file.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast