Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade vShare v2.4 to vShare 2.5

Default Re: Upgrade vShare v2.4 to vShare 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Keizer
    Can any one help me?

After upgrading my featured videos on frontpage are gone and only 2 videos can be played. In admins page this code is inside "approve videos"

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "admin/video_approve.tpl" in /home/wherscom/public_html/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1095.

Best regards Keizer

Reupload the file - templates/admin/video_approve.tpl

Default Strange file renaming problems

Hello:

I'm still having strange problems sometimes with file names. For example, I just uploaded a file, as a user on my site, called sealhunt.flv

When the file was done uploading, I got the following error:
    Invalid file format: ealhunt.flv

here's the screen shot: http://www.thewall.net/error.jpg

The debug.txt file says only, "2007-10-23 19:40:08 Invalid File format - ealhunt.flv"

the file does NOT ultimately get uploaded. This doesn't seem to happen when using the import folder - only the html upload.

any ideas? I don't see anyone else with this problem, so must be something I'm doing :)

I agree with the other poster 100% mersh. If you are changing templates, then a basic bullet list is the least of the documentation that should accompany it. The person writing the upgrade has to know what was changed, and it is no additional work for them to include that information.

I'll get as demanding as I like over a $10 script, and so will anyone else. If you do not like it, you do not have to read the post - it has nothing to do with you and is none of your business. The only parties involved are the one being "demanding", and the admin, who has basically abandoned this issue anyway because he knows this was a crap upgrade.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Follow your own advice: You don't like what I have to say about your complaining? Then complain in private or just don't read my posts.

Default Re: Strange file renaming problems

@mersh

try getting the 2.5 vshare again and uploading upload.php and uu_get_status.php....they were changed shortly after the 2.5 release

worked great.... thank you leki....

You had told me where I could disable the WYSIWYG editor for the static pages. I cannot find it any longer. Can you put that info up again?
    Find the best video sites at OnlineTV Video Guide. Register your Vshare there today!

Remove

Code:
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="{$baseurl}/js/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>

{literal}
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    	tinyMCE.init({
    		mode : "textareas",
    		theme : "advanced",
    		plugins : "table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,insertdatetime,preview,zoom,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen",
    		theme_advanced_buttons1_add : "fontselect,fontsizeselect",
    		theme_advanced_buttons2_add : "separator,preview,forecolor,backcolor,hr",
    		theme_advanced_buttons3 : "",
    		theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
    		theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
    		theme_advanced_statusbar_location : "bottom",
    		theme_advanced_buttons_location: "top",
    		theme_advanced_resizing : true,
    		paste_auto_cleanup_on_paste : true,
    		paste_convert_headers_to_strong : false,
    		paste_strip_class_attributes : "all",
    		paste_remove_spans : false,
    		paste_remove_styles : false
    	});
    </script>
    {/literal}
    From page_add.tpl and page_edit.tpl files.

This is why, and I'll keep saying it...the templates should all be run totally in CSS. I use CubeCart. They have "layout.css" and "style.css" of which all the templates are all run off this. Customizing the script is a breeze, moving boxes around is easy. None of the colors is affected during upgrade because they're all in .css

Admin, I love vShare but the main issue for me is the upgrades and the template changes. You may want to take a peek at CubeCart which is a free open-source script and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Hey I just started getting a strange Admin error on the vshare sites on my dedicated server... when I go to look at "all videos" or "all users" and several other options in the admin area, I get this:

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Pager/Pager.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/otubeca/php') in /home/otubeca/public_html/admin/videos.php on line 40

Anyone have any clue what's going on? I haven't touched these installations in weeks. Video upload still works fine, everything from the user end works fine. Just can't for example change featured videos, stuff like that.

I tried re-uploading first the 2.4-2.5 update (binary mode) and then the full version, with a database restore... and nothing fixes this admin problem. The only thing I can think of is that I have automatic updating of Cpanel... perhaps something in the system software changed?

Thanks...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast