Thread: Performance Question need answer asap

Default Performance Question need answer asap

I need to know if this script can handle the amount of traffic generated by Digg.com if a video were to hit the front page. I recently set up a site with another script that cant be mentioned on these boards and as soon as a video hit the front page of digg the site started generating errors.
    we are talking about have 1000 hits in a matter of a 5-15 minutes. This is very important as having videos hit the front page of Digg is invaluable to a video site.

I am Under the gu right now to find something to replace this other script so please answer asap.

note to admin...If I could have mentioned the other script it would be a bonus to you as I am putting it down! :)

Default Re: Performance Question need answer asap

yes it can. it all depends on your server and host. the script wont break. what is your site BTW?

and you could name that other one. the admin knows of many other scripts. it sometimes help them.

oh. these admins are pretty on top of their stuff. monthly updates. and for theprice its right. my site is running on it and i have no complaints.

When you get lot of traffic, any script will not handle it. You will need to upgrade the server. For vshare we try to minimize SQL's to save memory and server load.

like i said, its the server and hosting. not the script.

It shouldnt be the server in this case.... I have had dugg videos on a site using shared hosting and Based in Joomla and it was able to handle it no problem. In this case when the load got too high it had some PHPShield Error.

Regardless I just purchased the script. $10 is not much of a risk. Lets hope it all goes well.

Many sites that get too much traffic from digg create static pages to handle this. Just save the page, you need to make some edits, then upload that static page and redirect traffic to that page with .htaccess, this can help to reduce the server load. It also depends on what type of server you have and how much it is used. A shared server, when the web host start the server, it can handle load better, but they add more sites to it until it reach servers capacity, at this point it will not handle much traffic.