Thread: v2.6 Email not sending to YAHOO accounts

Default v2.6 Email not sending to YAHOO accounts

Email isn't going to yahoo.com accounts. I tested it. It was sent to all other domains I have accounts with. With hotmail.com, it went to the junk folder (which was expected) but for yahoo, it never showed up, not even in the junk folder. I'm going to assume that this is some kind of anti-spam function in yahoo. I'm trying to figure out how to get my site mail to go thru on yahoo. If I figure it out, I'll let you know, otherwise there's something in vshare that yahoo doesn't like.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Default Re: v2.6 Email not sending to YAHOO accounts

To clarify....the "email users" works, it ended up in my yahoo and hotmail accounts in the bulk/junk folders, BUT when I did the "I lost my password" the email with the new password and activation link never showed up in yahoo, even after the spamguard was turned off.

There's a bug in vShare emailing yahoo.com accounts

OK, I lied! The "I lost my password" email with the new password and activation link FINALLY came to yahoo, but many hours later and ended up in the junk folder.

So, it's all good. Please disregard this post.

Part of the problem may have to do specifically with yahoo mail servers.
    As far as I'm concerned, yahoo free-crap accounts are just that ... because my wife and I do a lot of eBaying and the only mails we EVER have problems with are from yahoo users. After doing some goggling ... come to find out that there are thousands of complaints to yahoo starting in the summer of 2006 when yahoo servers began to almost randomly filter spam in a way which prevents yahoo account holders from RECEIVING mail from people who are not yahoo account holders. Regardless if in the USA (where we were) or overseas like in Germany (where we're at now), we've had problems with yahoo mail from both sides of the pond.

Here's one of the more interesting (loooong) reads on the subject:http://www.ahfx.net/weblog.php?article=107

Right at this very moment I know about half a dozen people with yahoo accounts who are not receiving mail from friends and family members that have their email from smaller ISPs etc. Just a little something to think about ...
    EinfachClicken - Family friendly, Fast, Fun, Informative
    Videoportal: http://www.meineclipshow.einfachclicken.de/
    Freebie Flashgames: http://www.megaspass.einfachclicken.de/
    GERMAN HOMEPAGE - http://www.einfachclicken.de/ TONS of FREE STUFF in over 40.000 files.

I found out also that it has to do with the mx and dns on the mail server. I had my webhost look into it and the problem went away.