Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: vShareSkins.com update - All customers please read!!

Default vShareSkins.com update - All customers please read!!

Hello guys, I figured it was easier to contact you all this way then it would be to email every single one.

I've been getting a lot of emails lately about the version compatibility issues with the skins.
    I'm aware of them, but am running into a problem, so I thought maybe I'd call on my customer base to help :)

Here's my problem. I run vShare 2.4, and probably always will. I have made so many customizations to my site that upgrading it will be almost the same and starting from a fresh install.

Since I don't have a copy of vShare 2.6 myself, I'm not too familiar with the workings of it.

Right now, I'm working with a few of my customers who are running v2.6 and getting familiar with the way it works and whatnot.
    I'd say probably within the next 3-5 days, I will be making a notice to all customers with an updated version of the skin they bought who run 2.6.

So, if you are running version 2.6, and have bought one of my skins, please reply to this post, and/or email me at [email protected]
    and I will issue you an update when it becomes available.

Also, I'm taking skin requests. If you would like to see a particular color or style of a site (for example, if you saw a good looking tube site somewhere, and would like me to make a vshare skin like that, let me know.

Please posts your requests here in the forum. DO NOT EMAIL ME WITH REQUESTS PLEASE!

Thanks,
    Mike
    vShareSkins.com

Default Re: vShareSkins.com update - All customers please read!!

Also, if you could post on here the problems you're having with the skins and 2.6, that way I can make sure they are all fixed.

I have the black-red skin.
    1. There is a white vertical bar just to the right of the video listings table and to the left of the ad table. Forum refused attachment so sorry no pic.

2. I cannot figure out what controls the large black area at the top of the screen. I have changed the file so I have a name there but it never shows up. The file I changed is blackred_02.gif.

Dave
    CasselmanCanada.com (free access)

Why dont you just create a sub-directory and install a dummy copy of 2.6 into it? It would make it a lot easier to work out your templates and to become familiar with how it works, and you can do so without changing your existing site.
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Thanks for the new updated scripts. Things look quite nice now and I know it was a lot of extra work to add all the details. TKS.

The vertical white bar is now fixed. (Making a new supdirectory with another copy of vShare would not have located the problem.)

Trying to located my missing background turned up that blackred_02.gif does not get used anywhere. However the file I needed to change was tbg.gif. (which was identical in content) Anyway it worked fine for a day. With the new templates the file tbg.gif is now displayed twice once just above the other, which of course shuffles all the items in the header to be out of alignment.
    FIXED NOW: In header.tpd at about line 23 remove these three extra lines. These were not there in the first template.
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Once in a while there is a long colored bar with information displayed in it, such as when it displays Guest Access on a paid system. The bg color is pale yellow I think and the text is white (which is hard to read). Is this something that is controlled in the new templates or should I be looking elsewhere?

Default More on the Search Topic

Ok, everyone should have their search working correctly. Yes, it is nice in the bar but now I have a slight problem. The seach now works only from the tags words. Before it was searching from tags and from any word in the description field. Is there any way to get the search back to both fields please.

thanks, Dave

Hi,

Got the black red skin. I am running vshare v2.6 but maybe not having read your website so clearly, I thought the look would be like the demo but it is not. I just found this post so after several emails to you with no response it appears you are taking information this way, via forum posts only? I reverted back to the original skin since things did not appear to be working very well, tags did not display and as I said it did not look like the demo you present on your website. Can you say what the latest is on a skin for v2.6 as of this date march 30 2008 and if I need updated files and where they are located? I will try them on a test installation and I can provide feedback.

Thanks.
    Brian

dont buy anything from this guy.
    his skins are buggy and definitelly a dumb cute/paste from other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitenoise
    dont buy anything from this guy.
    his skins are buggy and definitelly a dumb cute/paste from other sources.
    is there a reason you're bashing my threads?
    My skins aren't buggy. They are fully tested on a default install of vShare.

Also, I was the first person/website to ever offer skins for vShare.
    So where are these "sources" you're referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by brianatthebeach
    Hi,

Got the black red skin. I am running vshare v2.6 but maybe not having read your website so clearly, I thought the look would be like the demo but it is not. I just found this post so after several emails to you with no response it appears you are taking information this way, via forum posts only? I reverted back to the original skin since things did not appear to be working very well, tags did not display and as I said it did not look like the demo you present on your website. Can you say what the latest is on a skin for v2.6 as of this date march 30 2008 and if I need updated files and where they are located? I will try them on a test installation and I can provide feedback.

Thanks.
    Brian
    If you read in the forums you will find a way to obtain the 2.6 upgrades.
    I rarely check these forums, the best way to contact me is through the contact us link on the vshareskins site.
    Email me and I will reply with the 2.6 upgrade.

This will still not make the skin look like the demo, as the black and red skin only updates the header and footer TPL files and the CSS sheets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast