Thread: NEW PASSWORD NOT WORKING

Default NEW PASSWORD NOT WORKING

MY NEW PASSWORD IS NOY BEING ACCEPTED I TRYIED REQUESTING FOR A NEW ONE AND I GET IT BUT IT STILL WILL NOT LOGIN WITH NEW PASSWORD,HELP!!!!ADMIN I NEED TO GET ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Default Re: NEW PASSWORD NOT WORKING

I have exactly the same problem ...
    I can log in and enter the password - then go to change password in admin panel.
    The password is changed but I receive no message and the new password won't
    work at all. However, the old password still works fine.

If I use the "forgot pasword option" this too appears to work since I receive the
    new password from the system via email, yet it won't work for logging in.

The posted sql solution won't work for me either. Ours is the lastest version of vshare,
    purchased in September 2008. Maybe that's the problem? I'm convinced however
    that the symptoms that I'm experiencing have to do with file permissions !!!

I noticed problems with update images like logos, watermarks, and user pics too, but
    as soon as the CHMOD settings on those files were changed to 777, they all worked
    fine. It appears to me that the pasword function is doing the same thing ... it WANTS
    to work and does everything that it should, but ultimately the login itself wasn't
    affected due to a permissions issue ???

It would be nice to get a REAL USABLE answer to this! That would help many people,
    especially ones who don't even know how to administer Mysql commands in PHPmyAdmin.
    (or if those commands change slightly due to changes in vshare, sql, or php updates)
    EinfachClicken - Family friendly, Fast, Fun, Informative
    Videoportal: http://www.meineclipshow.einfachclicken.de/
    Freebie Flashgames: http://www.megaspass.einfachclicken.de/
    GERMAN HOMEPAGE - http://www.einfachclicken.de/ TONS of FREE STUFF in over 40.000 files.

Default Re: NEW PASSWORD NOT WORKING

This would not be a CHMOD type of permission problem as the password is never written to a file. It may, however, be a mySQL permission problem. I noticed that your server control panel does not allow for you to set mySQL user permissions so that may be part of the problem. The only way to know for certain is to login to your database via phpMyAdmin, go to the SConfig table, and record what the password string is in the password column. Then, from the vShare admin, change your password. Once you do that, go back to the SConfig table and check to see if the string has changed or not. If it did, then your permissions are correct but something else is causing your login problems. If it didn't, then your permissions are not correct and you will have to login to your database as root (assuming you know your mySQL root password), select the user that the database is using, and fix their permissions.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!