Thread: DON'T USE CIRTEX HOSTING AT ALL!!!!

Default DON'T USE CIRTEX HOSTING AT ALL!!!!

Hi, I'm very upset cause of Cirtex Hosting. I've never saw such a incompetence on work!!!
    My vshare site is off line with NO REASON at all by 24 hours!!!!!!!!
    I submitted a ticket to Support and they have changed to Billing but still no answer. Note that all hosting and domain are prepaid until next year!!!!!!!!

This is tha last of many problems I had...
    YOU ARE ADVISED DON'T USE CIRTEX HOSTING!

Default Re: DON'T USE CIRTEX HOSTING AT ALL!!!!

I am also having the bad experiece with them in the first 15 days. The Support takes ages to reply.

I was with Cirtex for a long time. They were OK while I was starting out. I was on shared hosting. Then in March I was getting a lot of server down notices, so I tried different hosts.

APThost was a nightmare. I was with them for almost 30 days when I decided to move on. I tried Infrenion and my experience has been absolutely fantastic. I closed my account with APThost before the 45 days was up for a complete refund and applied it to Infrenion.

You will not be disappointed with Infrenion Give them a try.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Why were APThost bad? I am with them now for like 3 days? Is there anything I should worry about?

Artin

Depends on the package...I was on shared hosting. Here's my experience with Shared hosting:

At first when they transferred my sites, they "forgot" to restore the databases and none of my sites that relied on that worked. Took me over a day to figure that out on my own (tech support didn't recognize the problem and wasn't helpful).

Then I kept getting outage notices from my monitoring service.

Then they changed to phpsuexec and didn't tell anybody which meant re-working every .htaccess as well as the php.ini for each site (and I had at least 20 of them). Getting an example php.ini from them was like pulling teeth. I finally posted that to the forums here for anyone else who may have been having problems with 500 Internal Server Errors. Some people who had this happen to them had their sites down for over 36 hours and no word from tech support. It wasn't until I posted to the APTHost forums that one guy, in particular, was very grateful for my post otherwise he never would have known.

Then, I kept getting "Server Busy" errors, even on tiny little straight html sites. They claim this happens when a person exceeds their CPU usage. Well, they must have had my accounts set to 1% instead of 10%. The final straw was when I was only updating the front page of one of my ecommerce sites and got the "Server Busy Error" in the middle of updating one page, is when I hit the button for Google and started shopping. It wasn't until over 2 weeks later that they finally replied to my support ticket about the issue saying they weren't using cband-status anymore...but it was too late by then, I had already moved on.

Ahh ok, so lets say I want to move to infrenion, will infrenion copy my whole site to them easily?

Artin

That was the beauty of it. When I transferred over to Infrenion, everything went without a hitch, other than my own stupidity in forgetting to set the permissions on some of the files. With APTHost, the file permissions were different. Once I fixed the file permissions and put the php directives back into the .htaccess for my vShare sites (with APTHost, I had to change all that), everything went great. My stores worked too and I didn't lose any data (with APTHost, I had to re-do 2 entire stores because somehow the stuff got screwed up). Their tech support is out of this world, they don't leave you hanging or to your own devices...they do whatever it is that they can do for you, they even offered to completely re-install my vShare sites for me, but then I remembered it was the file permissions.