Thread: How to add Recaptcha code ?

Default How to add Recaptcha code ?

Hi Friends,
    How can i add the recaptcha code ( http://recaptcha.net/) instead of the default code (6 digits) that are shown when the user registers to the website.

As recaptcha. uses some advanced functionality, i guess it would be hard for spammers to register.

Thanks
    Mick

Default Re: How to add Recaptcha code ?

According to their main page, all you have to do is add 4 lines of code. My guess is that you'd have to check the documentation that comes with recaptcha and see what it is that you have to do exactly. Then in vShare's admin panel, my guess is that you would disable the captcha with signup and in the signup.tpl or login.tpl (not sure which one) you'd stick in this recaptcha code. Just a guess.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

My question is how to add CAPTCHA to the comments!! Has that been done by anyone?

Thanks Gry,
    But just adding that recaptcha code to the signup.tpl won't help in anyways. The register function has to be modified so that it reads the new code from the recaptcha and that's what i needed help with...

A good reference would be this: http://forums.pligg.com/pligg-mods/8033 ... ptcha.html

The guy has made a mod on how to use this for Pligg, similarly we can use that php file and just need to know how to modify the register code..thats all.

To add this to comments, we will have to modify the comments code then...same logic.

Thanks, I started to read the post in the link you provided and as soon as I got to the part where the .php has to be modified, I stopped reading further because the .php files in vShare are encoded and inaccessible. Looks like you will not be able to use recaptcha with vShare.
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!