Thread: Cheap hosting

Default Cheap hosting

I know you get what you pay for, but has anyone used the unlimited space at HostFLV, It seems to cheap to be true. It's a good deal if everything works ok.

Default Re: Cheap hosting

I have never used them and never will. First and foremost, there is no such thing as "unlimited." No body can truly offer you unlimited space or unlimited bandwidth as everyting has limits. Any self respecting hosting company that offers an "unlimited" anything will have a bunch of stuff in their terms talking about everything is based upon fair share. The minute you exceed what would be considered "fair," they can and will terminate your account. Secondly, HostFLV is run by a script company. Nothing further should need to be stated.. but... Three, they are using iWeb for their hosting services. iWeb, claims to offer unlimited space hosting. However, their terms have a bunch of limits as to what you can upload and how big they can be. Most video sites will not fit the bill.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

I just moved my servers to iWeb, then found they had handed me servers that were poorly configured. Every site that had any kind of php logins, those logins broke. So you could see your blog, but you couldn't log in. You could see your Joomla site, but you (or any of your users) couldn't log in. You could see your vshare site, but no ability to log in. All attempts to get help with the problem went ignored, except for one email I received stating that my support level (unmanaged) didn't allow them to help me with "php programming issues." Well, this was obviously a configuration issue, but for several days I could not get any other response. Meanwhile I was configuring and reconfiguring and building and rebuilding Apache and php, hoping I'd hit on the right "formula" to get these sites up and running. IT WAS A NIGHTMARE.

I thought I'd save a couple of dollars moving to iweb, but wound up with customers who could not access their sites for three days. While I was in that hell, I received a phone call from Canadian Web Hosting who were always responsive, and offered not only to match what I was paying iweb, they doubled the drive space and bandwidth (I have been a customer of theirs a long time - I would not expect that treatment if I was not) So I took advantage of Iweb's 30-day guarantee (which Canadian Web Hosting also has) and moved my servers back to Canadian Web Hosting, who have always treated me like gold.

You DO get what you pay for in hosting. I lost two weeks of sleep because I tried to save a buck, and I'm grateful that the folks at CWH went out of their way to let me know I was wanted as a customer. Iweb, I never even got a single email from my account representative to say "welcome to Iweb" or "hey how come you're leaving."

Even if you are not in Canada I HIGHLY recommend Canadian Web Hosting. http://www.canadianwebhosting.com And if you're in the U.S. keep in mind that for every dollar you are charged, you'll only pay 75 cents with the exchange :)

Hi I can offer packages from £4.00 For Video Streaming. 2GB Disk Space 200GB Bandwith
    I Can also Offer VPS Servers From £15 20GB Disk Space 400GB Bandwith (Unmetered £10 Extra)

First, and foremost, stop bumping old threads. This thread (and the other one you posted in) are old threads. There is no need to bump them up to advertise a service.

Second, why would I want to pay approx $70 per year to be able to have an $8 per month hosting account? I can find much better hosting for less than that without having to pay for your reseller service.

Third, your reseller service (or who's ever it belongs to) is nothing more than a reseller of Godaddy's/Wild Wild West Domains's reseller service. I know this for two reasons. First, the site gives out an Indian address and phone number on the contact page. However, every else on the site has a Scottsdale, AR phone number. Second, that Scottsdale, AR phone number is in the same number blocked owned by Godaddy. If I want to use a Godaddy product, I'm going to go to Godaddy and pay for it... not a reseller of their product.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!