Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Change conversion command ffmpeg/mencoder

Thanks for the response. I actually did find this error thanks to another poster that helped me realize I could run the convert command from a terminal session. It was there that I discovered the problem and modified the Config.php file appropriatley.

One problem solved, hopefully only one more left.

I think I'm having .htaccess problems.Getting 404 errors all over the place. It would be helpful if you could provide examples of httpd.conf files that demonstrate server support for .htaccess files.

I realize that you expect most users to be hosting this site on servers managed by professional Linux admins, but from the posts in your forum it seems like a fair number of people are self hosting like me, and are the admins, despite having less linux experience than is probably desireable. More detailed help in the areas of requirements setup would be appreciated. Especially with Apache.

Before i installed vshare i was running a server for 3 weeks maximum, it isnt hard to install and configure.

Zeffer - based on your posts, I respect the information sharing that you provide to others, but in this case I have to wonder why bother because you have not in fact provided any information that is useful.
    Difficulty is relative, however you are partially correct. Installing the script is trivial, but getting it to work properly is obviously not, otherwise there wouldn't be as many posts to that affect in this forum.

Now, back to my problem which I could use some useful assisstance with:
    Restatement of problem:
    1. I get a 404 error when clicking on links to uploaded videos. I have confirmed that the .flv files exist and there were no apparent errors in the uploading process.
    2. I get a 404 error when clicking on the "Watch" link.
    3. When I sign in as a test user, and try to access the "My Profile" page (among others), I get a 404 error.

Environment:
    1. I am running Ubuntu Linux 6.06 on a server I control and therefore have full administrative control.
    2. To the best of my limited linux knowledge, I have installed and configured the vshare site requirements. Obviously not completely successfully or I wouldn't still be having a problem.

What have I done to troubelshoot?
    1. I have followed the sugesstion of ADMIN and have verified that the .htaccess file is in the root directory of my vshare site. In my case, /var/www/vshare.
    2. I have reviewed the files contents against the contents of the original supplied with the script and all seems to be in order.
    3. To the best of my knowledge, Apache has been configured with .htaccess support (Here's where I am a little fuzzy). The relevant portion of my httpd.conf file is as follows:

LoadModule rewrite_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_rewrite.so
    HostNameLookups off
    ServerName 192.168.69.107:80
    DocumentRoot /var/www
    UseCanonicalName Off

<Directory /www/vshare>
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    </Directory>

4. I've also tried using Localhost and the sites domain name as arguments for the ServerName directive, to no avail.

When starting Apache, I get no errors and the Apache errors.log file shows no erros other than the 404's.

Is there something else that I can do to verify .htaccess has been enabled on the server correctly, because it seems that the file is not being processed correctly or not at all?

Is there a test I can run to see if the .htaccess file is being processed?

The Apache logs aren't helping me discover any problems, so is there another file that might contain relevant diagnostic info?

I've been to numerous Apache/Linux information websites looking for guidance on proper web server configuration including enabling .htaccess support and it seems like I've done what is required, but still I have the problem. I've run out of ideas where to go next with troubleshooting and need specific diagnostic advice.

Thanks in advance.

If you cannot install the script yourself or have difficulties ask someone, i do full installs of the script for 10 dollars and fix servers for 5, i help people daily with there server problems and 95% of the time i get them to run, if you use cpanel i have a 100% fix rate.

Default i dont Change conversion command ffmpeg/mencoder

And go to the admin panel and see my version 2.1 oh 22 May 2007

And dont see include/settings/video_conversion.php

Can you help to change this conversion command ffmpeg/mencoder

Thanks

Ignacio

You have to go into your server files example cpanel. In publich_html/include/settings/conversion. in there you will find what you need.

i dont see this in my server is hostonnet
    Can you help me

Thanks

Ignacio

This will be available if you are using latest version of vshare. What version it says in your admin area ?

You need to upgrade to latest release, this feature only availale on latest release of vshare.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast