Thread: Better Embed Code

Default Better Embed Code

Can't there be a better embed code? One that does not show the full FLV link, one that doesn't allow for the Watermark to be removed etc. I see a lot of sites that embed my videos and remove the watermark. Can't it be more like the youtube embed code that also counts to views aswell. I would seriously pay good amount of money for this.

Artin

Default Re: Better Embed Code

I would also pay for this modification - I think almost ALL of the admins / site owners would!

--MTOD

Yah, pretty easy to remove the watermark and the link, or even replace them, and have the video bandwidth completely stolen, with clicks on the video going to a different site.

Quote Originally Posted by mersh
    Yah, pretty easy to remove the watermark and the link, or even replace them, and have the video bandwidth completely stolen, with clicks on the video going to a different site.
    Exactly - I guess if anyone wanted to make a mod for it - I would pay $50 or so for this at least!

--MTOD

That is precisely why I prefer to hard code videos. That way there is no way for them to just remove the watermark from the embed code. They would have to open a video editor and either crop it off or layer something on top of it. Now if only I could figure out how to show the original video on my site, but modified video on the embeds.
    This user was formerly known as SportsGamingTv.com

Sports Gaming Tv | Global Gaming News

please consider gif thumbnails! so instead embedding videos, the thumbnail brings traffic to your ste, buh-bye embedding.

It's easy to obfuscate watermark and flv link.
    I'm working on a solution which uses mod_rewrite and template to generate a new embed code. But patching the current embed code for the new jw player version is first priority over obfuscation.

The idea is, that the template will provide a hashed link. Which mod_rewrite will take and forward to the right place for the player.swf file.

Norman -

Please keep us / me updated, I would be happy to give you a donation for a mod / fix to this issue.

--MTOD

Anybody working on this? I'm looking everywhere and can't seem to find a good option to hide the flv url at least. I'm going to keep looking and will posts here if i find something worthwhile.