Thread: CCBill - Yes, back to this again

Default CCBill - Yes, back to this again

So has anyone managed to get CCBill to work with vshare? Or any payment method that is adult friendly? I wouldn't mind paying for this as an addon if it works.

Default Re: CCBill - Yes, back to this again

I know this sounds like a lot to go through but it would work...

Set up two copies of vshare, one in public html space as a front end, the other in a password protected folder as your content area. Just put a few teaser videos in the front end, with the ccbill join link in your advertisement section - then have ccbill take users to your members' area. Would that work?

That's actually pretty smart and the setup for that would not be nearly as complicated.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

It would work, but I think it might be labor intensive. You would have to keep changing the teaser content on a regular basis to give it the look of a live site, and you would have to manually activate and deactivate accounts as people joined/lapsed. If you had several thousand members, it could consume a lot of your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxxy
    It would work, but I think it might be labor intensive. You would have to keep changing the teaser content on a regular basis to give it the look of a live site, and you would have to manually activate and deactivate accounts as people joined/lapsed. If you had several thousand members, it could consume a lot of your time.
    Well the cool thing is, you can add a bunch of videos at once when you have time, then utilize Vshare's awesome import feature. You upload the videos to the import folder via ftp while you're sleeping. One day when you have some time, you import them into the process queue, as many as you like.

Then you set a cron job to run the cron.php file say once a day, or however often you like. Once the videos are imported into the process queue, your cron job will keep adding them at the pace you set in the crontab. So if you for example import 100 videos into the process queue, and set the cron job to run every six hours, you have almost a month of four videos a day being added to your front end.

Plus, of course, you WILL have some free users adding videos as well. You can even offer a reward to people who upload X-number of videos to your front end, with a month of free membership in your membership site.... although you might want to make sure your front end isn't "all that" because then no one will join your member's area :)

I think I just talked MYSELF into doing this :)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxxy
    You would have to keep changing the teaser content on a regular basis to give it the look of a live site... and you would have to manually activate and deactivate accounts as people joined/lapsed.
    I'm not sure I agree with this, because surfers are used to pay sites having static tour pages. You just make it clear in your sales hyperbole that what you're looking at is your "tour" which they can log in and try out. You're not trying to sell your front end as a live site - and in fact, if you make it too live as I mentioned it might work against you. You might even want to set the "free" membership to a 24/48/72 hour limit, just to make sure the site doesn't get too utilized by the same people.

You're not trying to "fool" people into joining your free site. You set up half a dozen fake members, upload your videos to their accounts, and then just forget about them. It's enough. People WILL watch the videos, doesn't really matter when the last login time of the user was, because you're just using this as your model to show surfers what the experience (Sexperience :)) is like.

So your hyperbole would say "Log in and check out our tour site.... but our REAL site currently has XXX number of videos, users, etc." And I'd even, on many of the "sample videos" descriptions, put a link to your "JOIN NOW" page - not just on your advertisement header.

And as well, you can experiment with forcing the free surfer to give up his email address in order to see Britney Spears give K-fed a hummer (or whatever) and then you have an opt-in mailing list to market your pay site to. Just make sure you say in your terms "By continuing on this site, you agree to receive our monthly/quarterly/whatever mailings." And have a way for them to opt-out.

The final benefit of this is, with a front end like this you have more pages going into the search engines, whereas if your entire site were behind a member's area, the search engines aren't going to index them.

I'm liking this plan.

As for management, that's actually the easiest part. You can do it nearly automatically. There is software out there that will manage access to your member's only full video version. When they signup, you collect the money. When they cancel, the system will automatically turn them off at the end of their subscription, etc.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

It would be much simpler to just have a proper billing mechanism to begin with. Using additional software to manage accounts or managing sub-sites is not really an efficient use of my time. You would still be manually managing access to those accounts. Even if you only have 5,000 subscribers, that can be a headache. I would much prefer to pay someone to develop a proper non-paypal gateway than to get involved with devoting hours of my time to enabling or disabling subscriptions and managing multiple installations on the same site.