Thread: Add More Advertisements scripts

Cool Add More Advertisements scripts

This may be simple or not, so please let me know what you think. This forum has been spectacular on the development of my vShare.

1. I would like to add more advertisements to the vShare admin "Advertisement" section.
    I would like to be able to manage my new advertisements by using the admin. This is the current code used in working advertisement lines: {insert name=advertise adv_name='home_right_box'}

2. I would like to have the advertisements rotate through these listed advertisements in
    in the vShare advertisement section. I know this would difficult as I would have to create an additional user interface for grouping ads that will rotate in a space.

Any hints wold be appreciated. I did find a thread that had something about rotate.zip but the guys link was broken.

--------Allen (site administrator)

Wink Solved the first part

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywoodstarrs View Post
    This may be simple or not, so please let me know what you think. This forum has been spectacular on the development of my vShare.

1. I would like to add more advertisements to the vShare admin "Advertisement" section.
    I would like to be able to manage my new advertisements by using the admin. This is the current code used in working advertisement lines: {insert name=advertise adv_name='home_right_box'}

I figured this part out. All you have to do is go to your sites database. In my case it was PhpMyadmin MYsql. Insert a new line and fill in the value. use the adjacent or other ads in the database as examples. Use the {insert name=advertise adv_name='my_ad_name'} and your done.

I am still looking for an answer to the 2nd part of this question: Can I use the admin advertisement fuctions {insert name=advertise adv_name='banner_bottom'} by adding them together in a string and rotating the ads in the same space? This way the customer can utilize the admin functions to control which ads are posted. ----Allen

How about OpenX? I use that for inserting customer ads in addition to my static ads in other places.
    Dave
    CasselmanCanada.com (free access)