Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade vShare 2.6 to vShare 2.7

Default Re: Upgrade vShare 2.6 to vShare 2.7

admin we need a change log bad. Im sure my site is not the only highly customized one. It would be homicide for me to upload all files replacing old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoboy
    admin we need a change log bad. Im sure my site is not the only highly customized one. It would be homicide for me to upload all files replacing old ones.
    There is too many changes in this version, so a change log is not possible. If you want, i can do a diff and give you change log, that will be useless for this version.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoboy
    From what I can see, highly customized sites will need to perform a migration rather than an upgrade. This means building a dev sandbox environment, getting it the way you want, then moving it into prod.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Hi,

I get this error when I start de upgrade from 2.6 to 2.7:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_set_charset() in /var/www/vhosts/<domain>/httpdocs/include/vshare.php on line 16

Thanks,

Guillem

Hey Admin, thanks for all your hard work.

If we want to do a clean install, wipe out previous 2.6, is the zip file you provided the link to a full version, or is it just an upgrade version?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mersh

If we want to do a clean install, wipe out previous 2.6, is the zip file you provided the link to a full version, or is it just an upgrade version?

Thanks.
    It's a full version.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Quote Originally Posted by mersh

Thanks.
    I think a full, because you can install it completely new if you only open /install
    My migration worked, I hope that it works everything right.

The upgrade was simple. Excellent work admin. Just a small problem with layout if you check http://www.saclips.com , the last 5 users table seems a bit small, I need to widen this a bit. Also the banner ad on top is not central and recently viewed does not compensate few long names as the time indicated is not not seen. I think the table needs to be bigger slightly. Other than that everything works so far.

Thanks admin, got my new player and logo working now :)

I have two more issues though:

1) The user profile photos are not displaying. They are definitely there, in the photos folder, but they display the default grey icon in the user profile.

2) Videos upload, and they work properly. However, they are not displayed anywhere: not in "new videos", not in the "recent " list, and when they are featured, they do not display in the featured list either.

Quote Originally Posted by mule
    1) The user profile photos are not displaying. They are definitely there, in the photos folder, but they display the default grey icon in the user profile.
    PM me, i can check this.

Quote Originally Posted by mule
    2) Videos upload, and they work properly. However, they are not displayed anywhere: not in "new videos", not in the "recent " list, and when they are featured, they do not display in the featured list either.
    Cache is enabled ? If cache is enabled, it just serve from cache. Disable cache and see if it works

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast