Thread: Thank you Webgeek-Designs.com !!!

Default Thank you Webgeek-Designs.com !!!

I just wanted to post a testimonial for Grynmoors from http://Webgeek-Design.com. She's great at creating specialized templates for Vshare, and I'm really happy with the one she made for my site, http://RetroFlick.com.

She's very professional, easy to deal with, and her prices are great. I couldn't have asked for more. I had a design in mind that I wasn't at all capable of doing on my own, described it to her, and it came out just as I pictured it.

Really happy with the product and service. A million thank-yous! :D :D :D

Default Re: Thank you Webgeek-Designs.com !!!

She just dumped the original css , added a background pic and some css side links......about 30mins work

Quote Originally Posted by carefree
    She just dumped the original css , added a background pic and some css side links......about 30mins work
    Who cares how long it took?it looks good so thats all that matters. Your posting as if your jealous or something

Quote Originally Posted by bigoboy
    Quote Originally Posted by carefree
    Who cares how long it took?it looks good so thats all that matters. Your posting as if your jealous or something
    Would you be

who i be what?

Quote Originally Posted by bigoboy
    who i be what?
    I wasnt slamming anyones work.

Ppl pay money for a template modification, that simply - Simple

But thats just me, i love design and love to do it myself

Hey, thanks Mersh! You make me blush. :)

@ carefree:

Actually, it wasn't 30 minutes work, I wish it was.

The original design work for his site which was on vshare26 took quite a while, especially when creating the graphics, so that's a time factor to consider.

The front page has Popular Videos. That required modifying the code in index.php.

As far as the CSS: The size of the boxes and their content had to be changed to accommodate the menu being on the left side. Finding all that in the CSS is tedious. It would look right in FF and then get borked in IE. A separate css had to be created to accommodate IE's shortcomings. Then all the colors had to be changed. In the default template, they have a kagillion different shades of blue and gray, yellow and creme, all of which had to be found and changed to either black, off white, teal, pink, etc to match the RetroFlick theme. Changing the colors, in itself, takes more than 30 minutes! Why they have so many different shades of blue, yellow and gray is beyond me. A site doesn't need more than 4 colors. :/

The files modified in his skin:
    header.tpl, footer.tpl, index.tpl, index_featured_videos.tpl, search_box.tpl, upload_file.tpl, user.tpl, video.tpl, view_video.tpl, js/index.js, index.php and recent_viewed_xml.php, and of course the CSS and images. If you can change all that in 30 minutes, then kudos.

What my mother always taught me: "If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say, don't say anything at all".
    If it's not fun, stop doing it!

Default Attention Carefree: Who Asked You?

Carefree, were you born an asshole or is it a skill you developed over time? Who asked your opinion? I happen to know she spent quite a bit more than a half hour on this. And I seriously doubt you could do ANYTHING in a half hour other than embarass yourself.

Meanwhile, this fool is trying to pawn off his own crap (which he claims he spent a fortune on paying someone ELSE to do for him) on another thread - so one has to wonder how good it can be if he's got to throw stones at someone who's been a lot more active in this community than he has.
    Last edited by mersh; 05-15-2009 at 03:07 AM.

Smile I need to agree She is awesome

:rolleyes:
    Quote Originally Posted by mersh View Post
    I just wanted to post a testimonial for Grynmoors from vShare Skins, Templates, Mods, Addons and Freebies (Powered by CubeCart). She's great at creating specialized templates for Vshare, and I'm really happy with the one she made for my site, Retroflick - old classic movies and tv shows - Classic Movies and TV Shows.

She's very professional, easy to deal with, and her prices are great. I couldn't have asked for more. I had a design in mind that I wasn't at all capable of doing on my own, described it to her, and it came out just as I pictured it.

Really happy with the product and service. A million thank-yous! :D :D :D
    When I was having a problem with my site she replied so fast I could not believe it she is a great asset to vshare and should charge more for her work.
    All her prices are fair and she Rocks
    and people need to stop talking SH*T about other people if you don't have anything nice to say then keep it to yourself
    MauiRedMan
    No hate in the 808
    Aloha