Thread: Uploaded files contain no information - all lost in the process

Angry Uploaded files contain no information - all lost in the process

I am trying to upload videos to an older site which has been upgraded. When I upload a file the data, title, description, tags, are all lost after the file is converted! It comes up under all videos and in the process que but without any of the data entered about the file. No title, nothing!

I have fought all week with my provider, who finally upgraded his ffmpeg so that the files encode, but then this issue showed its ugly face. What is the problem?

Rick

Thumbs down more information

The problem has appeared on 3 sites at this host. It did not happen before.

The file, once going through the encoding, has no information other than the time, number and location. It only shows up in the process queue and additionally is marked "private" even though it had all its data filled to get to the real upload page and was marked public.

I can go into the process queue and edit the file from there and add the discription, tags etc and change from private to public but that is only because I uploaded it as a user and know what should be in there. If visitors upload I only have the file without any information.

This has not happened prior to the problem they had with ffmpeg. They have upgraded the ffmpeg to latest version but this new problem appeared. Nothing has changed - file wise - since it was upgraded in June the files are still the same. I am at a loss.

Rick

Hi,

Please open a support ticket at

BuyScripts Helpdesk

with your vShare admin and FTP login details.

Thanks,

Buyscripts Team.