Thread: helppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default helppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am running a video site using wordpress script video theme and im planning to migrate to vshare script...

if i transfer from wordpress to vshare, it means i hav to repost my site content to vshare and my BIG PROBLEM is it takes TIME before i finished that!

that problem might be resolved if...

what if i install a vshare into domain A and upload all my videos there(self hosted and remote hosted)? after i completed the contents i will install the vshare script into DOMAIN B(final domain) then ill just move the content from DOMAIN A to DOMAIN B... with that option i can prevent my visitors in waiting a long period of time before launching my site running in vshare script... but i dont know if thats possible.... if it is possible, pls provide me a step by step tutorial on how to do that.. pls.. im begging you anyone with kind heart:rolleyes:...

also additional question...

about the hosting company, do you recommend this?

as you can see their offer is cheap compared to other vps hosting company...and im planning to purchase their platinumVS plan. but im not sure if the company is reliable, maybe some of you hav any experience from them to share...

I am on shared hosting right now and i hav a visitors of 3k per day with my two websites combined. my videos are hosted on free servers like 4shared.com and myotherdrive.com. you thing rosehosting platinumVS plan is enough to cover my site consumption if i host my own video?

your help are much appreciated and thank you in advance!
    Last edited by iyot-tube.com; 12-19-2009 at 09:20 PM.

You can install vshare on a temporary domain, upload videos then change to real domain, this can be done by editing include/config.php

Any VPS or dedicated server with requirements installed will be fine. Video sites use lot of bandwidth, if you can use free service for hosting videos, you will save bandwidth charges.

thankss admin for ur help! :)

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    You can install vshare on a temporary domain, upload videos then change to real domain, this can be done by editing include/config.php

Any VPS or dedicated server with requirements installed will be fine. Video sites use lot of bandwidth, if you can use free service for hosting videos, you will save bandwidth charges.

additional question admin... what if i decided to move to different hosting? can i import my posts? (you can do that in wordpress)

With vshare, to move a site, you need to copy all files an data base to new server. web hosting control panels like cpanel offers easy site transfer.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by hostonnet View Post
    With vshare, to move a site, you need to copy all files an data base to new server. web hosting control panels like cpanel offers easy site transfer.
    meaning all videos uploaded, embedded and thru direct url can also be transfered?

Moving a site won't affect anything, you just need to transfer all files and data base to new server.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]