Thread: How to upgrade from 500MB upload to 2GB

Default How to upgrade from 500MB upload to 2GB

I have been having a problem updating from 500MB to 2GB. When I updated to 2GB a video of 829MB uploaded but never was posted on my server. What are the settings that I need? Right now it is set at 500MB. Here is what it looks like

Sub Section Directive Info Value Change
    File Uploads file_uploads Whether to allow HTTP file uploads. On
    File Uploads upload_max_filesize Maximum allowed size for uploaded files. (MB) 500
    Resource Limits max_execution_time Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds 600
    Resource Limits max_input_time Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data. (seconds) 600
    Resource Limits memory_limit Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (MB) 100
    Data Handling magic_quotes_gpc Magic quotes for incoming GET/POST/Cookie data. On
    Data Handling magic_quotes_runtime Magic quotes for runtime-generated data, e.g. data from SQL, from exec(), etc. Off
    Data Handling post_max_size Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept. (MB) 500
    Data Handling register_globals You should do your best to write your scripts so that they do not require register_globals to be on; Using form variables as globals can easily lead to possible security problems, if the code is not very well thought of. Off
    Safe Mode safe_mode Safe mode is a diagnostic mode. Do not enable if you are unsure what you are doing Off
    Language Options output_buffering Output buffering allows you to send header lines (including cookies) even after you send body content, at the price of slowing PHP's output layer a bit. You can enable output buffering during runtime by calling the output buffering functions. You can also enable output buffering for all files by setting this directive to On. If you wish to limit the size of the buffer to a certain size - you can use a maximum number of bytes instead of 'On', as a value for this directive (e.g., output_buffering=4096). Off
    Error handling and logging display_errors Print out errors (as a part of the output). For production web sites, you're strongly encouraged to turn this feature off, and use error logging instead (see below). Keeping display_errors enabled on a production web site may reveal security information to end users, such as file paths on your Web server, your database schema or other information. On

Try doubling the values. Converting 800 MB video need more cpu and memory. So this only work if your server can spare cpu time need for the conversion.

If the source video is not getting uploaded, you need to look into php.ini settings like memory, execution time and file size. PHP can only used the memory if server have spare memory.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Thanks. I will contact Arvixe.

thanks great post. i'll try doing it later because i was looking for the same query