Thread: Saving changes to a new DB field

Default Saving changes to a new DB field

I have created a new field in the database as part of the videos record. I have added locations in the admin edit and view screens to see the new information and to allow editing. At this point I can see the default value of zero that is stored in the database.

Changing the info from the admin area video edit screen does not save the info as I have not yet found the correct file and line to add. I thought it was in the root/video_edit.php file but no.

Can anyone help with what file I need to edit to specifically save new data from the admin/edit screen to the database?

Note: I know that attempting this can ruin my DB (or yours) but that is why I have a backup. This is version 2.7.

Tks. Dave
    CasselmanCanada.com (free access)

you can edit two files

1.admin/video_edit.php

2.include/class.video.php

Default Keeping track of previous and next video in sequence

Quote Originally Posted by vshare View Post
    you can edit two files

1.admin/video_edit.php

2.include/class.video.php
    Thanks. Also another file too. After much work this turned out to be exactly what I had envisioned. I now have a system that will display Previous link or Next link in a multi-video sequence.

It works well. Also took some time to go in and delete all those manually made links I had put in the descriptions. But that saved a lot of database space too.

The only issue is that if vshare goes to the next upgrade I guess I am hooped as I have two extra fields in my video record. (Admin, do you want the code and info?)

For the rest of you, I will likely put together an instruction package after the busy summer so you can make similar mods to your system. For now the site is not one of the ones in my sig line so you won't see the features there.

Which site you have this added ?
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Default Previous and Next videos

Quote Originally Posted by hostonnet View Post
    Which site you have this added ?
    DiligentHeed.com - Videos about Godly diligence- English and Cree

Most videos have 2 or 3 segments.