Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: merge upload with ad trailer

Default merge upload with ad trailer

Hi
    I've finally got things working. The best $10 i've spent in a while. Thanks.

This is probably well down the list on priorities but I've got to ask.

Is it possible to merge the uploaded file with a trailer/advert that sits on the server to create a new branded file?

Now that would be cool.

Thanks

Gerb

Thanks for the suggestion, we will check if this can be done.

It can be done and pretty easily i think, same with .swf watermarks. Cool effect.

That would be very nice addon.
    I was thinking how I can add some adverts to uploading file.

If the concept is sound then the improvement to build in from the start while developing the idea further would be to allow for say 5 or 10 adverts to be rotated and added to the uploaded videos.

The logical progression from this would be to allow for the ability to add those ads at either the beginning or end of the video.

This would allow us to sell advertising or self promote.

The idea of adding tracking as in phpmyads to measure the results would be great. If you can then add a 'Pay Per Minute' billing system at a later date that would be special.

Thanks

Gerb

Atm Post roll and preroll video adversts are being looked into, i can do it in real time its just a matter of getting it onto the server to work, admin and coders are looking into this and once its done i have a way to ad swf ads as well as the preroll and postroll advertisements. Main drawback atm is that you will need to convert the advertisement into flv form, either user side or using the server.

Hey :)
    If the main drawback atm is only converting the advertisement into flv form, then it's not a real problem :)

Add the time it takes to the production costs. Yet another way of earning a few bob :)

Well done you!! Am really looking fwd to any info on this.

Thanks!!

Gerb

My idea of it to work was based on how you upload your logo images now. In admin you choose upload a advert, you choose if you want the advert before or after the video (or both) then it asks you to select 'Preroll Advert.flv' and then 'Postroll Advert.flv' you then click upload and the server converts it as if it is a video. Then in admin it has a spot like it already does for banners, allowing you to activate and deactivate it.
    Would be nice, and as i said earlier i gave these ideas and my demo to the admin which he is looking into so it may be a release in the near future fingers crossed.

It sounds so simple when you read it like that :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed and do a bit of research myself ASAP. Many minds and all that.

Gerb

Its quite simple to do your self on your home computer if you want any help or question pm me your hotmail or yahoo address im happy to spread knowledge and try further my own.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast