Thread: HOw to hide the source code not to view

Default HOw to hide the source code not to view

Hello, i want to ask how to hide the source to be view on the VIEW SOURCE menu of browser

Regards

I don't think you can. Have you ever seen a site with view source disabled ?
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

It is impossible to prevent someone from viewing the source using the browser. When you view the source, what you are seeing is the information that your server has already sent to the web browser. If there were a way to hide that information, your browser would not be able to show you the page that you are looking at. There are some tools out there that can attempt to make reading the source difficult by using javascript and obfuscation. But, if the browser can read it and understand it, then so can anyone.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Yes, last year i found a vshare version 2.6 that the source code is disable to view,

Those are two different source codes. The source code of the script is never sent to the browser. Only the HTML output from the script. Further, you can't prevent a the HTML output from showing up in the browser.
    Last edited by bplex; 09-10-2010 at 11:15 PM.
    vShare Solutions

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Quote Originally Posted by bplex View Post
    Those are two different source codes. The source code of the script is never sent to the browser. Only the HTML output from the script.
    so its there anyway to hide it from user to view the html source out on the browser

No. The only thing you can do is obfuscate it using Javascript. There is no way to prevent people from viewing the HTML output of the code. As I said before, if there were a way to do that, your browser would not be able to read the page.
    vShare Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by bplex View Post
    No. The only thing you can do is obfuscate it using Javascript. There is no way to prevent people from viewing the HTML output of the code. As I said before, if there were a way to do that, your browser would not be able to read the page.
    how can i obfuscate it using javascript? i want it to be hide because somebody is embedding my videos using the view source of the browser, i want it to be prevent thats why i disable embedding on the vshare admin, but still there can embed it because of view source on the browser, and also how to hide the VIDEO ID on the browser address that it will be hide also

Obfuscating with Javascript won't prevent people from doing that. There isn't a real way to prevent people from doing that as, by design, in order for the video to play, it has to be downloaded to the browser. If it's downloaded to the browser, the link is exposed and someone could embed it. I sell an Enhanced Video mod that prevents your video links from showing up in the "View Source" menu, but it doesn't stop someone from actually being able to embed the video if they know the URL to the file. Without using a streaming server, the best thing that can be done is to use something like my enhanced video security mod along with an IP file locking feature. This would prevent people from linking your videos outside of your site, but it would not stop people from being able to download the videos to their hard drive. But, if all you are concerned about is people linking, it would prevent that. To do something like that, however, you would need to be either running your own server or using a VPS. You wouldn't be able to do more than just the enhanced video security stuff on shared hosting.
    vShare Solutions